News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac air condition bracket mountng questions????

Started by carguyblack, September 18, 2017, 04:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Would any 1956 Cadillac with air conditioning owners please help me out? I am getting stuck with my pulley alignment and am afraid I have mounted the compressor incorrectly with the thick shims. I also may have a concern about the power steering mounting on the other side of the engine as well if those thick shims are supposed to go on that bracket.
Would you please post some pictures of the bracket mounting (all 3 points to the block as well as the backside bracket) and also the power steering mount? I can not figure it out after several hours and the shop manual.
Thanks so much!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

J. Gomez

Quote from: carguyblack on September 18, 2017, 04:22:12 PM
Would any 1956 Cadillac with air conditioning owners please help me out? I am getting stuck with my pulley alignment and am afraid I have mounted the compressor incorrectly with the thick shims. I also may have a concern about the power steering mounting on the other side of the engine as well if those thick shims are supposed to go on that bracket.
Would you please post some pictures of the bracket mounting (all 3 points to the block as well as the backside bracket) and also the power steering mount? I can not figure it out after several hours and the shop manual.
Thanks so much!
Chuck

Chuck,

1- The A/C compressor has no washer it seat flat on both the head (side) and the intake manifold, see picture P9180044-1.
2- The two thick washers/spacers for the P/S pump bracket they go between the water pump and the bracket see picture P9180045-1, there is a third one which is the spacer for the oil filter that bolts on the P/S bracket.

HTH

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082