News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Electric Fuel Pump for 39 LaSalle

Started by John Bray, September 19, 2017, 03:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Bray

Can anyone recommend a good electric fuel pump for my 1939 LaSalle?  (6 volt)

Thank you.

Bill Ingler #7799

John Bray

tturley

Put one on my 40 Lasalle and it works great
Member # 28929
1940 Lasalle model 5019
2011 Escalade platinum Edition
1995 Ford F-150
2015 Buick Enclave

robert G. smits

I have had one on my 41 for 9 years and 5000 miles of touring.  I use the mechanical pump 99% of the time.  The electric is great when your car has been sitting for a while or for the rare vapor lock.  Mount the pump as close to the tank as possible and be sure have a filter between the tank and the pump.  Mount a off and on switch under the dash where it is easy to reach.  Wire it up through the ignition switch so you know it can't pump when the key is off.  When I lived in Iowa I don't think I ever experienced a vapor lock.  Things are different here in Texas.
R. Smits, #2426
23 Cad 7P Touring
32 Cad 5P Coupe
38 Cad 90 Series
41 Cad 63 Series
58 Cad Eldo Barritz
The average man can take care of one Woman and two Cadillacs, Al Edmond AACA Past President

Alan Harris CLC#1513

I am pleased with the one in my 1940.

IMPORTANT! You want the Airtex 8902, the lowest pressure one. The others put out a higher pressure that can cause flooding.