News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1987 Brougham engine details

Started by JerRita, December 13, 2012, 08:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerRita

Hi all Happy Merry to you We wish to detail the engine compartment of our 1987 brougham wagon w/ 5.0 engine where can I find correct colors and decals There is no authenticity manual listed for these cars Thanks in advance JeRita
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

936CD69

I went thru all my 86, 87, and 88 Factory/dealer order binders, none had any underhood photos. I did find the attached from an ad for a low mile 87. Others I have seen are the same, Not much flash underhood in this era Brougham! Color is satin black, as were all GM engines starting around 82 or 83, HTH

Craig
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

Guidematic

Not much aesthetic intrigue with these engines. Unless you enjoy looking at a snakes nest of wiring and hoses. The hallmark of all 3C engines.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

JerRita

Craig thanks for the photos I wish my engine looked like that JeRita
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

936CD69

When you detail it, save the paper wrapped around the oil filler tube (if it is still there) as it is positive engine ID if you ever need to rebuild. Also save the emmision label as the are unobtainium as of now. Mask with painters tape and peel off gently if you paint the upper radiator panel. Same for the oil fill cap replacements usually do not have the oil grade info on them. Ditto label on the front of the master cylinder reservoir, etc etc

Have fun detailing!
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302