News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB 1956 Cadillac gold grille

Started by Rob 1956eldo, November 28, 2008, 10:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob 1956eldo

Does anyone have an excellent 1956 gold grill for sale, or have info on where I could get mine replated in a bright gold plate, not the dull anodized look?

Stewart Homan

Quote from: Rob 1956eldo on November 28, 2008, 10:06:00 PM
Does anyone have an excellent 1956 gold grill for sale, or have info on where I could get mine replated in a bright gold plate, not the dull anodized look?

I can re-anodise gold grilles very close to that factory shiney finish but this is nothing like gold plate.

I'm in England.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Rob,

The ’56 Eldorado is a beautiful car. Please post more about it. I also suggest you join the CLC (See Homepage). It’s the best money you can spend for you car. There is a wealth of obscure and hard earned information and knowledge in the club and on this board that members are always happy to share.

Your grille can be anodized the proper gold color by: Industrial Metal Plating; Reading PA; 610-374-5107. Ask to speak with Jamie Maack. They do all sorts of aluminum anodizing and have a gold color I’m confident you’ll be pleased with. They charge by the batch. One price for as many pieces that fit in their tanks at a time.

I’m assuming you are referring to the color gold being bright. Anodizing is an electro-chemical process that yields a smooth shiny finish, but it is not as bright and reflective as chrome or gold plating. They did excellent work on the bright (natural color) anodizing for my ’66 Brougham.

HTH,

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Stewart Homan

Its also worth noting that anodising is only as good as the piece that you start with - the thickness of the anodising is pretty much immeasureable, unlike chrome plating.

Ask for a sample first - a lot of restored anodising has a very gilt/yellowy look to it which spoils a lot of restored cars!