News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1952-1954 hydramatic

Started by jyinger, October 19, 2015, 11:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyinger

I am looking for a 1952-1954 hydramatic to rebuild.

Jon     jyinger1email addresses not permitted

CLC#26643
Jon Yinger

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I can't remember the years, but there was a rebuilt one for sale on Criagslist in either Chicago or Milwaukee. Try Cadillac Parts in those locations. Good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

54 caddy larry

One just came up on the auction site
Larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

My caddy is my never ending work in progress.

Larry Cerciello

I have one. Not sure the condition. I'm sure it needs rebuilding. Let me know if you are still looking. Thanks, Larry.   larrycerc@yahoo.com

piperman

zebs salvage in tigerton Wisconsin had a few, last time I was there. They do not ship.
D John Anderson

savemy67

Hello Jon (and all),

For many CLC members, shipping heavy parts is expensive.  Often, a needed part is located, and a reasonable price is negotiated, but shipping costs render the transaction unaffordable.

I looked into this issue and found that Fastenal Corporation has a third party logistics program wherein anyone can drop off a package at a Fastenal store and Fastenal will ship it to another Fastenal store near you.  There are about 2600 Fastenal stores nationwide.

I requested a quote from Fastenal to ship a Hydramatic transmission from Tigerton, WI to Baltimore, MD, and I was quoted $150.  The quote assumes that the transmission is crated, strapped to a pallet, measures 30 x 20 x 20, and weighs no more than 325 pounds.

Not everyone can be lucky enough to find the transmission, cylinder head, or engine block that they need, within driving distance of where they live.  Fastenal's third party logistics program may be of some use.

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third-party-logistics-(3pl)

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop