News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1929 Cadillac Lasalle - need a few parts

Started by Smokinstang70, December 31, 2015, 09:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokinstang70

Hello... I am working on my first Cadillac. It is a 1929 Cadillac LaSalle in rough shape. I am working on getting the body back square and straight and then will work on getting it functional again. I desperately need a few items... Need some help from you guys.

Need
Right Front door latch
All 4 exterior door handles
All 4 interior door handles
All window regulator handles
Old gauges... Working or not
Grill and grill shell

Any of these would be tremendously helpful. They don't have to be perfect at all. Just need something to get started. Any help would he GREATLY appreciated. New or used parts welcome. Thanks in advance!!

M. Bankes

Hi,
I have some '29 parts, please e-mail me at faded.fins@yahoo.ca and I will see if I can help at all,
Thanks
Michael

Joe Konarowski

I for one do not use old door handles or reuse any pot metal castings. Door handles are made of pot metal and with age they turn brittle and break as I found. Had my handles plated and the first summer one broke in use. Contact Mike Butters cell 289-251-2753 home 905-372-6926 email nbutters@eagle.ca He did the castings for my 1930 Cadillac inside and out. Mike is making my windshield riser handles and gears right now that has the rare script in it. If you talk to Sunny Elliott or Jeffrey Pearson in Kansas City Kansas 12 & 16 cyl restorers they will also recommend Mike as doing top detail work. Mike is very reasonable and you are also getting a 35% discount on the Canadian dollar exchange. This is not part time for Mike as he is full time castings.

yachtflame

If you haven't found what you are looking for from the people suggested above, I have most of what you need. I have an extremely large collection of parts for 1918-1931 Lasalles. I just cast a full set of interior door and window handles. I cast lost wax reproduction parts in bronze. I had a set made and chrome plated in September. I also have steering column throttle parts including horn button sockets, throttle levers, spider gears for the center pieces, light switch bases and the throttle great for the bottom of the steering column.
You can reach me at
Yachtflame@yahoo.com. Or call me at 340-998-5199
Wayne Elsworth
Clc#17057
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Joe Konarowski

I believe the fellow is building a rat rod of some type so the shopping list will be different than most 29 Cadillac's and that is fine.