News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

FS 1969-1973 Neutral Safety Switch

Started by Jeffrey Burland, February 24, 2009, 05:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffrey Burland

Have a nice one with the clamp and bolt. Tests good. Asking $65. You can click on my email address to the left to contact me. thanks, Jeff in CT

Here's some pictures:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v246/WillingtonCad/?action=tags&current=69NSS
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

The Tassie Devil(le)

Jeff,

Are you sure it fits 1969, as the one on a '69 here is totally different in the position of the terminals.

If you could please check as if it is correct for a 1969 SDC, then it is mine.

Thanks,

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeffrey Burland

I'm not sure exactly what year this did come from, but the parts catalog lists 69-73 as the same switch. Group 4.054  part number 1994063. Some where along the line, they changed the part number to 1994137, but still listed for those years. It may be they did change the position of the terminals from the original design. Anything I sell is full money back if there is any sort of issue, no questions. Send me a picture of yours. I'd be interested to see the differences. thanks, Jeff

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Jeff,

The one in this '69 has been repaired, but the picture will show you it is different.

I had to do a bit of altering seeing as the vehicle was converted to RHD when it was new, so please don't laugh at the way the rest of the conversion looks.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeffrey Burland

Hi Bruce,

Yes, I see the contacts have been repositioned. Must have been something in the way in 71-73, but still the same switch as far as mounting, function, connections, etc. It's here if you need one. thanks, Jeff

Ted in Olympia WA

Do you still have to convert cars down under?  I find it hard to believe that they think it safer to convert them than just drive on the incorrect side of the car.

TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Ted,

If it is under 30 years old it has to be converted to RHD to gain full Registration.

But, believe me, driving a LHD vehicle in a completely RHD country can be a real pain.

Think about the Tollways, the Parking Garages, and all those places that are set up for the driver on the other side of the car.

Then there is overtaking on narrow roads and other situations when one needs a line of sight to see that the coast is clear before doing a manouvre.

A properly converted vehicle is just as safe as long as the conversion is done correctly.   Alas, I have seen some bad ones over the years.   But, these days, the jobs have to be Engineered and Inspected prior to registration.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe