At this point in the restoration the engine was out of the car and I had the paint shop remove a couple of brackets that were apparently for an after market oil filter. In the process the 4 head bolts that held the bracket on broke and I decided to rebuild the engine while the head was off. It has taken longer than I expected but at this time it is getting close to being done. The engine ran O K but had 63,000 miles on it so a rebuild was not out of order. In the 346 engine the head bolts go into the water jacket (which I did not know) and they usually break when removed. The trick to get the stub out is to drill for an easy out and then get the stub red hot, and if an easy out dosent get it out then put some CO2 on the stub to shrink it and they then break loose.
During this time I reconditioned all of my light buckets, painted them with black engine enamel on the outside and white on the inside, checked out and repaired my heating system, bought a wiring harness and used part of it in the buckets and got the rest ready to install in the car. Had my exhaust manifold re-procinalenized, bought all of the flat glass (Rear window is curved but mine was O K.) , had my antenna rebuilt, and had my interior trim repainted wood grain. There are31 pieces of dash and trim and they look great. I hope I can get them installed without scratching any of them. I had almost everything re-chromed and I repainted the medalions in the center of the hubcaps. Below you can see the rebult steering wheel. The rim was repalced as the plastic was beyond repair, and "Steering Wheel Bob" of New Jersey painted all of my knobs and brake handle to match the steering wheel which are in the first picture.The second picture is the dash board and trim for the back of the front seat. The third picture is the rubber for the running boards and the stone guards for the front of the rear fenders. The third picture is the hub caps re-chromed and repainted centers on them. The last picture is the bases for the running boards. I have straightened them out and painted the backs with P O R 15 since this picture was taken. This car has running boards concealed under flared out doors. Yesterday I received my Diamondback wide white wall tires and they look great. I have all of the rubber moldings for the car already and have a lot of newly chromed parts. Of course I am anxious to get the car from the paint shop and put it back together hopefully before summer is over with