News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 fuel sender repair and replacement

Started by william_b_noble, June 24, 2012, 04:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

william_b_noble

this discussion may be helpful to some of you - I tried to write up all the analysis and what I did -

http://www.wbnoble.com/WN_articles/repairing-59-cad-fuel-sender.pdf

there's other useful (and not so useful) musings and stuff if you browse around my web page (www.wbnoble.com)
Bill N - clc # 2371

David Greenburg

Thanks for posting that; I'm dealing with a sender issue right now.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

kib

Thank´s for this info, also interested to find out where you got a new sender for only $60!

Brg

Thore

David Greenburg

Thore:

I recently got one from Arizona Vintage Parts for $69; they're on ebay.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

Jeff Wilk

Memory loss here and NO pictures!!!  We removed gas tank, fuel lines, and fuel pump on '59 A/C car. Now we dont remember which of the two lines go where?  Ome is for supply and one for vent but which goes to which??  What line on sender goes to what at engine???  Help

Jeff and Noah
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

David Greenburg

Sorry, but I can't help with that, as I don't have a/c.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

william_b_noble

Quote from: kib on July 16, 2012, 04:32:52 AM
Thank´s for this info, also interested to find out where you got a new sender for only $60!

Brg

Thore

I ordered the new sender from ebay, surprisingly enough - it is working fine, it doesn't read full when the tank is full, but it does read empty correctly - I could drop the tank and adjust, but it's good enough for me to live with.
Bill N - clc # 2371

David Greenburg

Interesting; I have the same issue- even when completely full (smell my shoes if you question that), the new sender only reads about 3/4 full or a little more.  But main problem with the old one was that it only worked when it felt like it, and the emptier it got, the less it worked.  I too thought about adjusting, but I'm negotiating a deal to trade it for a '60, so I'm done tinkering.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville