News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1971 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special Brougham - $6950 (East Windsor)

Started by Davidinhartford, June 03, 2013, 07:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidinhartford

Not my car, just a lead.   Although I have seen this car in person.   Other than a spot on the trunk where the paint is missing, it is a real nice car.

1971 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special Brougham - $6950 (East Windsor)

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/3838377719.html

All power, 42800 original miles, Brittany Blue Metallic paint, Black Leather interior, CB Radio, super clean condition, car show fun, runs great, true survivor.
$ 6,950.00

Call or Text 860-883-1999

Davidinhartford

Here are some pics I took of it December 2011.

Oh, the seller was asking $12,800 or best offer back in December 2011.   So you can see the price has dropped significantly.

Louis Smith

Quote from: David Smith on June 03, 2013, 07:44:52 AM
Here are some pics I took of it December 2011.

Oh, the seller was asking $12,800 or best offer back in December 2011.   So you can see the price has dropped significantly.

Great looking car, and at the current price, appears to be a real steal.

Davidinhartford

The triple stripe tires are interesting.    They appear to be Goodyear radial tires.   So these must be older Diamondback Classics?

Cadillac only provided triple stripe whitewalls in 1965 and 1966.    But they are kinda nice on this 71 even if incorrect.    I suppose replacement tires were still available in the late 60s and early 70s of this design.     But those of course would have been bias ply tires.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I always thought it odd the way the body posts were designed on 1971/72 60 Specials between the front & rear doors. I imagine it was more economical than having to manufacture two different front doors.

Appears to be genuine example and realistically priced.   
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Louis Smith

Quote from: ericdev on June 03, 2013, 02:34:19 PM
I always thought it odd the way the body posts were designed on 1971/72 60 Specials between the front & rear doors. I imagine it was more economical than having to manufacture two different front doors.

Appears to be genuine example and realistically priced.   

Never noticed that.  But aren't the back doors different from the front doors?

Quote from: David Smith on June 03, 2013, 02:28:55 PM
The triple stripe tires are interesting.    They appear to be Goodyear radial tires.   So these must be older Diamondback Classics?

Cadillac only provided triple stripe whitewalls in 1965 and 1966.    But they are kinda nice on this 71 even if incorrect.    I suppose replacement tires were still available in the late 60s and early 70s of this design.     But those of course would have been bias ply tires.

Dual stripe WW were factory correct 1971 - 1973, possibly in biases only. (Not certain of what WW was available with what type tire.)

Have seen factory photos of Cadillacs wearing three ring WW of models from 1965 - 1970.

Quote from: Louis Smith on June 03, 2013, 02:40:35 PM
Never noticed that.  But aren't the back doors different from the front doors?

Front and rear doors are different.

1973-1976 Sixty Special had longer front door that was not interchangeable with Sedan deVille front door.

1971 & 1972- both Sedan deVille & Sixty Special used the same front door.

Louis Smith

Quote from: ericdev on June 03, 2013, 02:49:12 PM
Front and rear doors are different.

1973-1976 Sixty Special had longer front door that was not interchangeable with Sedan deVille front door.

1971 & 1972- both Sedan deVille & Sixty Special used the same front door.

I never noticed that before.  I always thought the 71-73's were basically the same.

R Schroeder

To me that door set up always had a more formal look to it.
That's a big car. I wonder if it comes with a gas station.
Roy

Quote from: Louis Smith on June 03, 2013, 03:11:34 PM
I never noticed that before.  I always thought the 71-73's were basically the same.

Just another one of those out-of-turn changes they'd make to keep us on our toes.

Incidentally, the 1971 & 1972 Series 75 also used the same post design as the 60 Special.

I always preferred the less cluttered look of the '73 - '76 Sixty Specials but the 71/72 are unique in that post design.

*No doubt about it Roy- Cadillacs of the early to mid '70s kept a lot of gas station proprietors happy.

Louis Smith

Quote from: ericdev on June 03, 2013, 03:38:44 PM
Just another one of those out-of-turn changes they'd make to keep us on our toes.

Incidentally, the 1971 & 1972 Series 75 also used the same design as the 60 Special in this area.

I always preferred the less cluttered look of the '73 - '76 Sixty Specials but the 71/72 are unique in that post design.

*No doubt about it Roy- Cadillacs of the early to mid '70s kept a lot of gas station proprietors happy.

So true, it used to be how many gallons to the mile for Cadillacs.  Hey but if you had to worry about the cost of gas, then maybe you should be looking for another brand.

R Schroeder

I get 17 to 18 out of my 78. I know those use a lot more than that.
My buddy had a 76, and that was bad. Last of the real big ones.
Roy

Coupe Deville

-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"