News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Polkowitz Motors, New Jersey

Started by rich neary, July 30, 2013, 09:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich neary

Guys,
I grew up in NJ, near Perth Amboy, and as a young man, remember Pollkowitz  Buick Cadillac 233 New Brunswick Ave, Perth Amboy N.J  as the premier dealer in the area.
In "the old days", the 60's-70's   I owned and drove daily a number of Cadillacs, a 48 sedanette, a 57 ElDorado, a 56 CDV, 68 CDV, and several others amd Polkowitz was always a good stop for parts and to wander the showroom and admire the latest offerings. Several friends and friends fathers worked there. I especially rememberriding on the back of the Polkowitz house Harley Servi-Car on a parts run from Perth Amboy to Elizabeth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson_Servi-Car

I'm retired now and presently have a 57 Fleetwood.
I've been hunting for Polkowitz memorabilia for a while now with no luck.
I moved from NJ to NC a few years ago so my search is relegated to the internet. If anyone has or knows of any Polkowitz items for sale please contact me.
richneary@aol.com
Thanks, and happy motoring,
Rich
Rich Neary
Statesville, NC

1957 Series 60 Fleetwood
2013 CTS
1955 Jaguar XK140MC  FHC
1965 Deville Convertible
1998 Jaguar XK8 Coupe

Alan Harris CLC#1513

In the late eighties, I attended law school with Stuart Polkowitz. I remember him telling me at the time that the business had come down through his family and that his father and his uncle were running it. He also said that for many years, their store had been one of the highest dollar volume GM dealerships in the country.

At that time (1989) he said that he thought that the best days of the car business generally were in the past.

I haven't seen him in decades and sometimes wonder what he is doing now.

When did the dealership close or change hands?

rich neary

This news from 1987.
http://tinyurl.com/kvk393z
and this from 1994
http://tinyurl.com/kdz8rzx
There is now a LARGE Cadillac dealer in nearby Woodbridge NJ,   McGuire.
Perhaps they bought the franchise????
I'd sure like to find a key fob, License plate frame or ??? to memorialize the influence Polkowitz  Motors had on me as a young man.

Rich Neary
Statesville, NC

1957 Series 60 Fleetwood
2013 CTS
1955 Jaguar XK140MC  FHC
1965 Deville Convertible
1998 Jaguar XK8 Coupe

Parkertom

Rich,

I know this is old, but I was wondering if you ever found anything? I recently acquired a 60 Buick LeSabre that was originally purchased here and would like to get some memorabilia.

Thanks,

Tom

35-709

You might try to PM Rich Neary, he hasn't been on these forums since March of 2020.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2