News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

door jamb switch

Started by linchero, June 20, 2014, 06:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linchero

looking for a four wire door jamb switch for a 1960 cadillac eldorado seville anybody got one or have an idea who has one ?

linchero

George thanks for  directing me to that web page looks good ill call them monday hope it works out.By the way your last name stands for   G-D.

linchero

I couldnt see the back of the switch to see how many wires it has,so I guess im screwed again, 

russ austin

Quote from: StevenTuck on June 22, 2014, 06:25:27 AM
The switch offered on lectriclimited.com is a single pole switch. A single pole will not work. All four wires must be separately connected for the map light and rear light switches to operate. The Eldorado model had more interior lights than other models thus the four wire switch.

The switch  makes contact with all 4 wires with one piece, so why not splice all 4 wires together?
R.Austin

linchero

Glen

Quote from: russ austin on June 22, 2014, 11:24:30 AM
The switch  makes contact with all 4 wires with one piece, so why not splice all 4 wires together?

Because the lights can be turned on separately.  For example on the 68 Eldo the map light can be turned on with a switch next to the light and the dome lights in the rear quarter panels can be turned on with a switch next to the door.  They also come on when the door is opened along with the dash lights on each end.  If you splice all the wires together then all those lights will come on with the map light switch or the dome light switch. 

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

linchero

so if I have to splice all four to one  better than having no lights. Just thinking if it will short out or catch fire or smoke or overload,The driver side door has the four post and it works passenger missing.

Glen

Driver’s side has the wire for the key-in-ignition buzzer so it has one more wire than the passenger side. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

linchero

I took that switch from the passenger side like this I have some lights when door opens besides it filled the switch hole,still looking for one on passenger side.