News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

ignition coil

Started by tturley, October 15, 2014, 01:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tturley

The coil on my 1940 Lasalle model 50 works but is beat up and rusty to the point I can't tell what brand it is
I called McVey and they don't carry them. I have spoken to Kanter several times and they say they will get back to me.

Anyone know if there is a physical difference between the 2 brands? mine has only one wire connection besides the plug type wire to the coil.

Here can you get them?
Member # 28929
1940 Lasalle model 5019
2011 Escalade platinum Edition
1995 Ford F-150
2015 Buick Enclave

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Tom: Your car came from the factory new with a Delco-Remy 1115128 which is a positive ground coil. This coil has two connections, one on the bottom of the coil which has a connection for the wire from the ignition switch and the other connection will be on the top of the coil for the wire to the side of the distributor. You also have a ignition wire from the coil nipple which goes from the coil to the distributor cap.Sorry to say this is one of the hardiest coils to find. If you still have the original coil on your car then the number 1115128 will be on raised numbers on the side of the coil. Once in a great while you will see one on ebay but if your coil is still good ,other than looking bad, then refinish the old coil. The web site below makes reproduction coils if you want a new coil.  Bill

http://www.mykmlifestyle.com/KM_Lifestyle_Mfg.html

tturley

Thank you Bill,
Kanter finally got back to me and they have them for $260 plus a $30 core charge.
Might just see if I can clean it up some and shoot a coat of paint on it.
Thanks again
Member # 28929
1940 Lasalle model 5019
1995 Ford F-150
2015 Buick Enclave

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Tom,
Can you ask Kanter if they are rebuilding these coils?
Thanks,Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

tturley

I am sure they are or there would not be a core charge
Member # 28929
1940 Lasalle model 5019
1995 Ford F-150
2015 Buick Enclave