News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 Cadillac parts for sale

Started by Stinson, September 06, 2015, 10:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinson

Hello, I have the following items for sale and can take them to the October Hershey antique car show if needed:

Set of front and rear bumpers.
Set of front fenders with wheel wells for senior cars 70 (?), 75, 85.
Set of headlight buckets and misl. parts and rings.
Set of two wheels (16" 6 on 6) for series 75 and 85 cars.
Complete rebuilt sets of brakes for four wheels.
Set of front hubs cleaned, milled, and ready to mount.
Tail light housing and lenses.
3 sets of top full length hood sections.
Top center hood s/s strip.
Set of chrome trim for top full length hood sections.
Some good outside door handles.
Rebuilt set of rear shocks.
12 set of original engine pistons.
Complete set of four mounted tires (7.00 x 16) on wheels (16" 6 on 6) whitewalls, red rims, primed, painted, balanced ready to mount.
Ty Stinson
'37 Cad 8519 Touring Sedan V12
CLC22330

Stinson

If you think you will want any of these items please let me know in time to take them to Hershey before the 7th of Oct.
Many thanks,
Ty Stinson
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

Stinson

Ty Stinson
CLC22330

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello Ty. Will you sell 1 driver side top hood section ? I just need the riveted hinge section. Top hood section could have dents or tears just as long as the hinge piece is good and straight. Thanks... John Lehman... CLC# 26365...

Stinson

Hello John, I will check them out tomorrow morning for you and then you can just make an offer plus shipping or get it at Hershey.
Thank you,
Ty Stinson
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

Stinson

Hello John,
This is Ty Stinson. Do I know you? Have we exchanged information or parts in the past? Seems I recognize your name.

I do have three sets and there is no junk. I have the part you need and I think you know you will have to remove the rivets so you can shorten the part for your hood being shorter I think.

Ty
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello Ty. I think we have talked in the past. Probably me asking for parts or info on something. Thanks for checking on a driver side hood section. I know I will have to shorten the hinge up a bit. Hopefully the hinge will have 2" spacings for the rivets. Just had my right hip replaced on August 18th. I can hardly drive 25-30 min at a time because some pain from surgery. So no Hershey for me. Hopefully this hood section can be shipped UPS. Ty, I don't know what to offer you on this hood section. Shipping might be around $30.00. Just guessing on this. Let me know and I can get you a US Postal Money order in the mail. I have running around to do in Kenton tomorrow so I can take care of it then... Thanks... John Lehman... CLC# 26365...   

Stinson

Hello John,
I would like to give you the piece you need. I will check for 2" spacing. If so, should I try to grind it off to reduce shipping costs?
Ty Stinson
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello Ty. Yes, grinding off rivet heads would be nice and would make shipping costs cheaper. That way you could sell the hood half if it is good shape. Ty, give me your address and I will get you a U.S. Postal money order in the mail. Thanks ... John Lehman... CLC# 26365... Part will be going to 6548 South St. (Meeker), Marion , OH. 43302... 

Stinson

Hello John, just thought I could save you some postage because the senior hood section is too large for your LaSalle. Let me get the hinge off first and send it to you. Then we will know the actual postal costs.
Ty
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello Ty. I knew the hood would be longer. V12 need more length. Just hoping the hinge is the same except for length. Even if I have to drill new holes just as long as I can make it work. Thanks... John...

Stinson

Hello John, your hood part is on its way to you and should be there Thursday (Sept. 24th) your tracking number for USPS is: 9505 5108 4497 5265 1517 94 and it is insured for $50.00 (wrapped so that it will not bend). Your cost is $10.15 and glad I could help.

In the time it took me to grind off the first three rivets, all the rest were simply drilled and punched out. Took me longer to gather the tools, arrange the site to do the work, put everything away, and wrap it and take it to the post office than it did to actually do the work, ha,ha.

Good luck with your restoration,
Ty Stinson
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

1937 LaSalle coupe

Thanks Ty for the good wrapping. Don't want hinge to get bent. Hope I receive on Thursday. Did you include your address ? ... John Lehman... CLC# 26365...

Stinson

Hello John, glad I could help with a part you needed. Don't worry about the shipping - CLC people have done things for me free too. All part of being in the club.
Ty Stinson
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello Ty. Hinge arrived today. Nice idea in packaging. Arrived straight. Your hinge and my '37 LaSalle are the same length. Could not believe it. Has 2" hole spacings so will work fine after a little modification on 1 end. This is a real life saver for me. I asked many times on CLC site for hinges for my LaSalle but only ended up with 1 for passenger side. I should have figured that the rest of the Cadillac models would have the same profile hinge design. Thanks for the part... John Lehman... CLC# 26365... 

Stinson

Hello John, very good to hear it was correct. Good luck with the restoration.
Ty Stinson
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

Stinson

Two more days to the Hershey event. I will only bring items having any interest in them at this time.
Good luck hunting.
Ty Stinson
Ty Stinson
CLC22330