News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 Antenna

Started by Len Sholes, December 31, 2016, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len Sholes

I am wondering if anyone can advise me with the name of a supplier who sells the seals that are on the power antenna piston on a 1947 Caddy. The antenna was not operating so I dismantled it and found that the seals on the piston had worn out. I have been unsuccessful in trying to come up with seals that will work.

Jay Friedman

IMHO it's best to have it rebuilt by Klaus Wojak, Banner Elk NC
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

TonyZappone #2624

Jay:  Klaus did work for me years ago.  I thought someone said he wasn't doing it anymore?
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Jay Friedman

Tony,

A year or so ago, I spoke to Klaus on the phone and he is still in business.  He told me that he no longer does repairs to antennas as it isn't economical; that is, he only does total rebuilds.  It's best to contact him to find out.  I do remember that I called him during the winter and didn't get him on the phone until he came back from a stay in Florida, where he may be now.

Happy New Year,
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."