News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Parts Needed For a 1928 Cadillac Convertible

Started by Bill Sagatys, February 26, 2017, 02:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Sagatys

I'm restoring a 1928 Cadillac Convertible and am looking for the following items:

Convertible top frame, inside window cranks, controls in the center of the steering wheel, hood latches, engine cover that reads, "Cadillac V-8", 1 side mount hubcap, golf bag door with latches, complete front seat wooden frame with metal springs, metal springs and cushions for rumble seat. Thanks, Bill

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Bill I have the 1929 341B roadster convertible top bows.

The set is in rough shape but is still good for the pattern.

Let me know if that helps.

Mike  #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

Bill Sagatys

Mike,

Thanks for the reply regarding parts for my 28 Cadillac convertible.
I have a very rough wooden top frame myself and was wondering if yours could possibly be salvaged and would it have any of the hardware that goes with it. If so, could you email me some pictures to vetbird55@yahoo.com

Also, do you have any other 28 parts for sale? I need other items which I didn't mention in the original ad.

Thanks,

Bill Sagatys

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Hi Bill,

I just shot you an email with some pictures.

Mike   #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

Alan Dewsnup

Hello.  Are both of you speaking about the "Convertible Coupe" top hardware or the "Roadster" top assembly?  They are very different.
Al

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Thanks Alan,

We just figured that out.

Bill has the Convertible Coupe.

Mike   #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

yachtflame

Hello Bill,
I have a lot of '28 parts and I think I might have a front seat. I also make a lot of parts for 1928-1932 Cadillac's & Lasalles. I'm in the Caribbean until May. If you are still in need of parts then, email me at yachtflame@yahoo.com or call me at 340-998-5199. My "Barn full of parts" is located in western Mass.
Wayne
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Joe Konarowski

As for the top bows I would look in your area for a person that restores wooden boats as they do steam bending. Or you could buy a 3/4 sheet of ply wood lay your bow on it and make a jig on it. Then get a length of eaves trough a tea kettle and a rag to stuff in the end. You now have your very own steam box. When you get your wood make sure it is green and not kiln dried as it will break or split. Have a helper with you with heavy gloves as you only have seconds. It works like a charm.