News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1936 LaSalle Coupe 5077 - lets bring it back on the road

Started by MikeGerman, March 10, 2021, 01:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGerman

Hey guys, I guess I just bought a 1936 LaSalle Coupe in good condition.
However, some parts are missing and I have some questions to make it roadworthy again.

1. Is there someone with a 1936 LaSalle Coupe out there who could  make some pictures or a facetime with me because I'd like to bring it back as original as possible?

2. The car is missing the complete door panels and carpet. Also the seats might have to be done new. Where could I get the cloth? I checked SMS Autufabrics but they are starting from 1948...

3. Does someone have more information about the straight eight? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is the Oldsmobile engine which was built in the Cadillac fabrics. Do they differ in any other way?

I know that the interest and also the $$$ are going down on pre-war cars. However, for me each one of those is a beautiful piece of art.
Thank you guys already, I think that there might be more questions to come. Will keep you updated and pictures will come, soon.
Mike German
CLC#29979
1936 LaSalle Series 50 Coupe
1940 LaSalle Series 50 Coupe
1941 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe

Tom Boehm

Hello Mike, Look at www.hirschauto.com for upholstery fabric. The attachment is a page from "Lasalle:Cadillacs Companion Car" by Matt Larson and Ron VanGelderan. That book is available on the CLC website. Good book and it might answer more of your questions about 1936 Lasalle. Also the Authenticity Manual for 1934, 1935, 1936 published by CLC will help also.

I'm sorry I don't know why it is upside down or how to fix it.

MikeGerman

Tom, thanks for your info.
Hirschauto can't help. Asked SMS Autofabrics in addition, still waiting for a reply.

Does anyone know someone with a 1936 LaSalle?
I guess there should be some out there...
Mike German
CLC#29979

Abe Lugo

Hi Mike. 
Wow! Congrats and please post pics. That is very cool.
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

MikeGerman

Will do.
Thanks to Jeff and some others, will see if some of the contacts will work and keep you updated.
Best Mike
Mike German
CLC#29979