News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 hood

Started by sean mooney, September 15, 2022, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean mooney

Can someone verify that a hood for a model 62 will fit a model 61? I believe they're all the same.

harry s

They are different. There was a recent post with the same question recently. The 61 Series is the same as Series 63 & 67. The 62 Series is the same as the Series 75 and the 60s stands alone.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

sean mooney

Thank you for the information and the quick response 😊

harry s

They are different. There was a recent post with the same question recently. The 61 Series is the same as Series 63 & 67. The 62 Series is the same as the Series 75 and the 60s stands alone.     Harry

Some friends and I were having an offline discussion about this subject and to be correct the 75 Series hood is different than the 62 Series but the center chrome strip is the same for both of those series cars.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

sean mooney

Any idea of how to tell if a used hood I'd like to purchase will fit my model 61? Bone yard doesn't know what model it's off of 🙄

toybox

It is the length that changed. I believe the 61 is shorter but ask for someone here to give you the measurements to be sure.  Tim

sean mooney

OK here goes. Can someone out there help me compare dimensions or provide measurements for the 1941 model 61 hood? I'd guess they'd be taken from the tip of the nose straight back where the chrome strip is. Also the width at the rear most part of the hood following the contour and the width at the front? Any ideas on where to measure would be appreciated. Perhaps I can figure out how to post a sketch

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I'm confused. Do you even have a hood?
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

sean mooney

I do have a hood, but it got damaged being shipped from California to Georgia where I bought the car this spring. Badly mangled at the cowl area when it blew up and hit the roof. I'll probably try to straighten it once the car is tucked away for the Wisconsin winter.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

First, the 61 series hood is longer than a 62 series. Measure the length of your center hood strip. I  have one for sale.  it's approx. 50 1/4".
Part # 1441768.  That will help you ID any other hood as the 62 series will be too short.. Contact me directly if you need more help. bobscads@comcast.net
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.