News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Information on vehicles shipped International 1928/1929

Started by Winston, September 20, 2022, 08:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winston

Where can we find information and details on a 1928/1929 Cadillac that was built for and sent to Uruguay in 1928/29?
For example - who in Uruguay ordered the vehicle? who was the final customer? and any other related information that may be available?

We already have the build sheets confirming it was built and sent to Uruguay with dates etc.

Thank you!

fishnjim

Most likely you'll have to search in Uruguay if the build sheet doesn't indicate.  Some dealer or broker/importer would've ordered it for an individual who may not be noted on the shipping records.  Unless said individual purchased in US and had shipped there.   
It was common to buy the chassis and body separate, so there's not a clear path, unless it came within from Fisher Body.
I doubt export control has records going back that far but guessing.
These things "seem of importance" to later owners but in reality are difficult to track or prove.

Seville Life

Surely if you have a Cadillac build Sheet (do you) then you'll know if the car was a complete car because the build sheet will indicate a body style number and an actual body number?

If it was just a chassis, front end & wheels going to a coachbuilder it would indicate as such.

Can you not work out the list of owners through your own motor vehicle registering system? I know it's a long time ago? It would have been a very expensive car, so for someone of note?

Do you know if there was a Cadillac or GM dealer in Uruguay or was it ordered from Cadillac direct. I've searched this for a 1939 Cadillac that went to London, England and in the GM Archives stuff I bought there was the actual invoice/build sheet? I assume you've tried GM Archives?

Paul Bedford