News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1953 331 remote oil filter line routing

Started by CRAIG LEWIS, September 21, 2022, 10:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRAIG LEWIS

Does anyone have a good diagram or good pictures of the oil line routing for the remote filter? I know the return goes inot the filler housing, mine did not have the right one so I have to get the correct one, but the input line goes where? I have no port to add a fitting on the timing cover as some have. what galley plug can I use? I have seen some ictures posted here but it is not clear or my engine does not have a plug tapped in the same location. My 53 is a little odd and I dont think it was origanally for a cadillac install from the factory. the engine stamp is totaly different but the casting numbers confirm it is a 53.

Thanks
Craig

bullet bob

Sit tight, I'll see if I can shoot some pictures this week
Honda Goldwing 1800  "I don't need no stinkin' map, I've still got gas"

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Do you think it is the same as a 55? Let me know and I can take pix.
Jeff R
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Joe Jensen

Hopefully these pictures will help.  My car had a soft hose going to the bottom of the filter housing.  I believe it should be a hard line.  I think you can tell where the lines connect on the engine.

This is off of my '49.

Good luck!

CRAIG LEWIS

Sorry been offline for a bit. Appreciate the pictures they do help. I located a galley plug  below the right Cylinder Head. I believe this is the return line correct? The feed line comes from the side of the Head on the right side?