News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 Eldorado Front Fender Bumper filler

Started by Caddy 1976, September 21, 2022, 12:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy 1976

The front fender bumper fillers on my 1976 Eldorado convertible need replacement. I have been advised by an expert in our club to purchase ABS rather than fiberglass fillers. I realize that they always need modifications. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy the ABS fillers based on your own experience replacing them? Thanks for the advice.
Nick Geanopoulos

benji808

In the past I have used ABS, and most of the people I've talked to have done the same, and agree with the club member that that is the way to go.

A year or so ago I got mine from David at https://www.antiquecadillacparts.net, and am happy with them. Body shop guy commented that they were in great shape and needed relatively minimal prep work. I would give him a call and see if he still has a set.

There are a couple trustworthy sellers on ebay as well...in my experience as long as they are abs from a reputable seller the quality difference is fairly negligible. Expect to pay $800 - $1100 for a full set.