News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

trip to Iola, Wi old car show

Started by Robert Bothwell CLC # 20850, July 13, 2005, 10:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Bothwell CLC # 20850

Hi All,
 Drove to Iola, Wisconsin from Indianapolis last weekend to the big old car show and swap meet.
 Bought an original set of the Cadillac illustrated parts manuals which cover my 40 60s. Boy, is it nice to be able to put part numbers (and TRUE interchangability) to all the different years of Cadillacs and LaSalles. I also picked uip a spare wheel for $25. and a rebuilt radiator (with shutters) for $75. All in all, a good trip.
 I would highly recommend the Iola show to anyone who has not been. There were HUNDREDS of show cars and 4300 vendor spaces.
 The 96 Deville averaged 24.8 mpg for the exactly 1200 mile trip, which included three trips back and forth to the show and a lot of around town driving.
 When I got home, I had to change the oil (6000 miles were up).
 Since the Northstars quit dripping, I only added 2 1/2 qt in the 6000 miles. Im very happy with its performance.