News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1940 LaSalle Series 52 Convertible information

Started by TotalHavoc, August 11, 2022, 02:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TotalHavoc

Good Afternoon,

I'm hoping I have come to the right place. I've been searching for a classic car to purchase and I found a 1940 LaSalle Series 52 Convertible for sale in Pheonix. Before I make a cross-country trip, I was hoping someone here may be familiar with the car and could provide me with any information they have on it. I would post a link to the car but I'm not sure of the rules here and I don't want someone to think I'm just a dealer trying to advertise the car.

If you think you may be able to help me, please respond or send me a PM. I will send some of the information I have gathered on the car. I will also post it here in the thread if someone tells me it is ok to link to the for-sale page.

Thanks,
Earl Stenlund

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Earl,

Congratulations on wanting to get into the clutches of classic cars.

I would be reticent on posting the For Sale link on any website if I was looking to buy something as if it was a good car, there could well be a chance that someone might get in and purchase it from under your nose.

Bruce. >:D

PS.  It is okay to post a link. ;)
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

TotalHavoc

Here is some of the info I have found on the car:

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1362175/1940-lasalle-52-for-sale-in-savannah-georgia-31415

https://www.streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/2710-phx/1940-lasalle-convertible-series-52

I'm just wondering if anyone know some history on it or can spot any concerns from the pictures. I hate to waste airfare out to the west coast. I was also excited that it was an Arizona car until I found the Georgia ad :(

Earl