News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Want To Buy - Parts / Re: WTB 1957 chrome sabre rim ...
Last post by Gary Evans - Today at 09:32:45 PM
We are still on the search for a nice driver quality + rim. BILL Evans
For Sale - Parts / Re: 61-62 Fenders Restored
Last post by hotrodln - Today at 09:30:44 PM
Hey thanks!
General Discussion / ANOTHER CLC MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT...
Last post by Jason Edge - Today at 09:24:29 PM
Another benefit of CLC membership is attending Grand National Meets.  Each year the CLC hosts a National Meet in different parts of the USA, where members meet with hundreds of other members, view beautiful cars, participate in our judging, attend tech seminars, receive access to private collections, museums, tours, and social events.

Previous Grand Nationals have been held in Albuquerque, Chicago, Louisville, St Augustine, Las Vegas, San Marcos, Boston, Lake George, McLean, Virginia, Wisconsin and many other locations. This year we will be in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania followed by Murfreesboro, Tennessee; then Charlotte, North Carolina. A 2027 Grand National back in the west is currently in the works.

For More Details on the 2024 Gettysburg Grand National Click Here.

For other benefits of membership go to benefits.cadillaclasalleclub.org then join at join.cadillaclasalleclub.org for as low as $25 annually.

2024 CLC GN Gettysburg LOGO.jpg

2013 CLC Grand National - From Scan.jpg  2016-GN-Logo-final-122014.jpg  2017GNLogo.jpg  2018logo.jpg

2019 GN Logo.jpg  2022 GN  Logo.jpg  Logo-2023 Grand National outlined.jpg  Logo for 2015 Grand National.jpg

Quote from: PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192 on Today at 03:49:53 PMAnd the type gets smaller!   
Not on my computer.

Bruce. >:D
Quote from: Mowerhoarder on Yesterday at 11:55:50 AMUpdate: I found out yesterday that THE ENTIRE TIME I have been driving this car (almost 2000 mi now) I have had only ONE FULLY WORKING BRAKE. I've taken this car on multiple 2+ hour trips, on the highway, through city traffic, whatever. All with one working brake. The winner is the drivers front wheel which had a brake material thickness of a business card.     
Congratulations for finding out the problem, plus, congratulations for being such a good and careful driver that you never really needed to rely on the brakes.

With the plastic dashes of the '70's, if you fit an under-dash unit, you might have to reinforce the mounting points to stop the dash from collapsing.

I would be recommending fixing the original system, as it is far superior to the simple under-dash aftermarket systems.

They may be complex, but they are fully Air Conditioning both Cold and Hot.

General Discussion / Re: confused
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Today at 09:11:28 PM
Please note.   The Forum Rules will be amended as of the 1st May to take into account the new operation.

No good posting them now, as the current ones apply.

General Discussion / Re: Scams
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Today at 09:08:04 PM
From my recollection, the person instigating the "Contact Rita" was banned a short time ago.

The biggest problkem with Spammers is that if Members continue the practice of putting their email address or phone numbers in their posts, they are asking for trouble.

The ideal way to contact, and be contacted is by the Personal Messaging feature, which only Members can use.   Plus, if a Spammer does manage to use the PM, it means that they have managed to join, but they can be easily banned.

General Discussion / Re: Post Wiper Blades
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Today at 09:02:45 PM
That blade is nothing like what I have on my '72 Eldo.

There should be some sort of spring holding the arm to the pin, or the plastic piece is held in place by friction.

General Discussion / Re: SCAM
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Today at 08:57:35 PM
There is no Member posing as Ethan Myers on the Forum.

Do you have any other information that you can PM to me?

Thanks,

Bruce.