News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 Cadillac rims

Started by 63caddyshack, March 01, 2014, 09:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63caddyshack

Hello folks I am trying to track down A full set of 1962 Cadillac rims .I live on the central coast of California and don't want to pay for shipping.I have a se of 3  1941-52 rims I could do some trading with also .Let me know what you got thanks.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Hello Rick and welcome to the CLC forum.

I suggest you repost in the classified section of the forum where you're likely to obtain better results and type "WTB" in your heading.

Again, welcome aboard.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

quadfins

Paso Robles Auto Wrecking, north of town on Monterrey St, used to have some older cCads. That was some years ago, but it might be worth a call.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

63caddyshack

Thanks Jim I will give them A call .What sucks is I just recently moved from Paso Robles.That's the way it always works right?   The only reason that I am looking for these wheels is I want to run A set of 62 caps on the car that I bought at Turlock swap meet. I have been told that is the only wheel they will fit. Thanks again .Rick M

Jeffrey Burland

So, you know, THIS is the Wanted section, so posting in the 'for sale' section will only get you a sale on your other wheels. So you know, ALL 61-64 Cadillac wheels are the same, except for the series 75 and cc wheels which ARE the same but riveted in addition to being welded. There are no 1962 only wheels. HTH, Jeff
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

russ austin

Nice nickname

Russ Austin
Caddy Shack restorations
www.1963caddyshack.com
R.Austin

Jeffrey Burland

Better trademark that, Russ!

signart

You didn't say for sure if you were going to run those caps on a Cadillac or not, but they will fit on 5 lug GM truck rallys which are 5 on 5 lug pattern. Don't know if they will fit your car or not. There are millions of those around.
Art D. Woody

Jeffrey Burland

Yes, the 5x5 is the Cadillac pattern. The tricky part is the Cadillac outer lip is 1/4" wider to accommodate the wheel covers. Thus the special wheel weights for Cadillacs which have a flat rim hugging tab before the weight so the wheel cover lays flat. Most of the other GM wheels fit within the Cadillac wheels of stacked. Also, the center hub of the wheel is concave to fit the deep wheel covers. In 69, they flipped the hub and it became convex since the wheel covers where more shallow. All interchange guides I have state 61-64 Cad only.  HTH, Jeff