News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Eldorado Brougham restoration

Started by 57cadillac, August 18, 2010, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

57cadillac

Quote from: Cadman-iac on April 23, 2023, 05:24:48 AMWhat a beautiful car!! I can't imagine how hard it was to wait for it to be completed, but well worth the wait. That's a gorgeous ride.
 I'll bet you'll have a grin on your face that matches the grille when you finally get to drive it. I know I would!

Rick

Thanks! I drove it for the first time with everything in place and working, only a short drive though. Definitely a big steering wheel and a totally different feel inside the Brougham than anything else i've driven so far. Very spacious and bright inside, and has a feeling of being well grounded on the road.

Look forward to updating soon when the rain stops here and I get it on the road for an actual drive.
Nik
1957 Eldorado Brougham #184
1963 Daimler 2.5 v8

Cadman-iac

Quote from: 57cadillac on May 03, 2023, 01:30:31 PMThanks! I drove it for the first time with everything in place and working, only a short drive though. Definitely a big steering wheel and a totally different feel inside the Brougham than anything else i've driven so far. Very spacious and bright inside, and has a feeling of being well grounded on the road.

Look forward to updating soon when the rain stops here and I get it on the road for an actual drive.

When you finally do take her out for the shakedown cruise, you need to take a video of it. I for one would love to see that.
 Keep up the great work on that beautiful car.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

57cadillac

As with almost every newly finished project, i've run into a few roadblocks this past week; the license plate didn't fit, so i had to create a bracket from scratch due to not having the original Brougham bracket. Also, the brake lights need troubleshooting, either the switch or a fuse went wrong today, meaning the brake lights didn't work.
1st version of the bracket, which was too tall to fit in the license plate enclosure:

viber_image_2023-05-08_22-28-15-507.jpg
viber_image_2023-05-08_22-28-14-716.jpg

And the second version, fixed up on the spot. Starting to look more like the finished product i'm hoping to create when time allows, and when the Brougham's at home so i can do test fitment instantly.

viber_image_2023-05-08_22-28-14-634.jpg   
Nik
1957 Eldorado Brougham #184
1963 Daimler 2.5 v8

Doremonger

Where did you get the seats? Nice match for original design. Also, I see you put in a new memory seat control. did you attempt to see if the old controls were adaptable to a modern memory seat module?

Beautiful job.

jwwseville60

1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC