News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1962 coupe project car

Started by badpoints, April 03, 2023, 09:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyoung

Interesting basic group a car no other options.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

James Landi

Thanks for posting Bill. This is such a fascinating listing. Looks to be "the real thing."  Upon close inspection and some negotiation, someone could pick up a very old car in relatively good condition. Having owned Cadillacs of that era, I'd be considering not only the general condition of the "basics," which may well be highly servicable, but the interior materials that can get brittle, and over time, and be expensive to replace. I'm thinking the right person with good mechanical experience could have a blast getting this road worthy (again, at the right price)--- having a rebuilt engine is a big plus, but the transmission should be taken out and serviced, flex brake lines and master cylinder, etc, etc. and you're into the "might as wells" that all need to be addressed to avoid serious disappointments. Maybe a ClC will jump in feet first!  Happy day, James   

billyoung

Yes, looks to me like an example of a Series 62 Coupe basic no option car that someone bought new who could barely afford it and cherished it for many years as it was probably a crowning achievement in their life so they preserved it.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.