News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 Fleetwood

Started by Cadillacbomber, May 01, 2023, 04:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillacbomber

Wanted to introduce myself as a new member. New owner of a 37 70 series Fleetwood 7067 convertible. Nice old car that needs work but I'll be looking for both left and right sidemounts and a 1937 luggage rack. Excited to get under way and dress up my Cadillac!! Good wishes to all!!
1937 Cadillac Fleetwood 70 series model #7067 510 566-5646

Member #34614

billyoung

Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

harry s

Welcome. That's a pretty unusual car you have. Don't see many. Post some pictures and let us know how you are doing.    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

bobrich47

Welcome! Please post some pics. I'm not sure what you've got.
Bob Richards

Cadillacbomber

Member #34614

Barry M Wheeler #2189

While I love side mounts, you might consider leaving them off. Especially, if you apply for the build sheet for the car. Your car seems to be quite original, and you might want to leave it as it came from Cadillac.

Beautifully kept car. Welcome.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day David,

You have a second email from the Moderators that really needs your attention.

Thanks,

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

dogbergs

That one look near untouched? Very beautiful.

Greetings from Sweden / Johan
-51 62 convertible, project
-64 Dodge Polara
-70 Volvo 121
-63 Plymouth Max Wedge clone, project
-42 Harley WLA
-33 Ford Pick up, project

billyoung

Personally, I would not make any non original changes to that car myself. I would be inclined to keep the car as was ordered as I restore it.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

James Landi

Marco,  Post more pictures and tell us how it runs now, and any history that you've learned about its 80+ years of existence...tell us  about your plans for this gem.  It's wonderful!   James

Cadillacbomber

Well, I've started to clean her up a bit, added whitewalls and rechromed the caps. I like the 34 Cadillac skirt but I have only the Leftside. Will continue cleaning her up and enjoy the ride. Not too much history on the 37, I bought it from member John Gately out of Roxsbury, Ma. I do know the former owner was a gentleman named Silvio Zaverella. If anyone should knew him please chime in with any info you may have on this vehicle.

THANK YOU

Member #34614

harry s

Silvio Zaverella was an icon in the old Cadillac parts business. He had a large flea market space at Hershey every year which was a must visit if you had that era Cad. He stopped not long after the internet became the go to place for parts. I know he had the car you now have for some time and did most all of the mechanical rebuilding including the engine which was done by J & M Machine in Mass. Not long after the engine was done he started on the new top, don't remember who did that. He also brought the car to the Grand National show in MA. While it was there for display only it was a big hit due to it's originality and rarity. The big question from many at the show was "is it for sale?". Of course you know the answer. I don't remember hearing of any of the history prior to his ownership.      Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

James Landi

Silvio Zaverella was an icon in the old Cadillac parts business. He had a large flea market space at Hershey every year which was a must visit if you had that era Cad. He stopped not long after the internet became the go to place for parts. I know he had the car you now have for some time and did most all of the mechanical rebuilding including the engine which was done by J & M Machine in Mass. Not long after the engine was done he started on the new top, don't remember who did that. He also brought the car to the Grand National show in MA. While it was there for display only it was a big hit due to it's originality and rarity. The big question from many at the show was "is it for sale?". Of course you know the answer. I don't remember hearing of any of the history prior to his ownership.      Harry

Marco--- Harry's history is pure gold.  If appropriate, please provide some of your first hand knowledge about how you came to purchase this gem and its condition when you bought it.  Thanks, James

dinhnguyen57

1941 Series 62 coupe
1959 Eldorado Seville
1990 Allante
2007 Mercedes S550
2009 STS
2018 Chrysler Pacifica