News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

#TheArk woken up and brought to the shop today

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, May 02, 2023, 01:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: wrefakis on May 19, 2023, 08:59:58 AMput 10 miles on my fleetwood as it is back with me from storage at 18436 original miles with real 100 octane in tank,it is as new as the one i had for a day in oct 1969,same colors as well quite a treat at 15 in that we had no car,let alone a lloaded new cadillac!

Nice, wanna race?  8)
Do you ever drive it? Like going to the store, long trips, shows, etc?
So many people save their cars for the next owner, I don't understand that.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

wrefakis

been to hundreds of shows owned every good 70 including last 70 convert bought from leland family
own car for myself goes back to when they were new  and also being  big to fit in muscle cars,as well as seeing street racing as knuclehead action,i loved these cars,so i keep them preseved,also i hate attention so drivng in nyc not my thing
gettysburgh 24 i will be at show

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: wrefakis on May 19, 2023, 09:47:05 AMbeen to hundreds of shows owned every good 70 including last 70 convert bought from leland family
own car for myself goes back to when they were new  and also being  big to fit in muscle cars,as well as seeing street racing as knuclehead action,i loved these cars,so i keep them preseved,also i hate attention so drivng in nyc not my thing
gettysburgh 24 i will be at show

You live in NYC?
It will be good to see you in Gettysburg, are you driving the car there?
I'm looking forward to driving my car there, I think its 800 miles round trip.
It will be a caravan, a primary 78 Eldo from Augusta Maine (the car is PERFECT)
and a gorgeous touring 66 Fleetwood from MA too, this will be a hoot.
The Ark will be cruising up to the Canadian border this summer too, can't wait!

#DriveYourCars
#DriveItLikeYouStoleIt

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

wrefakis

going to detail it and change vacume hoses , service fluids and take a real set of photos
then drive it once or twice including to take 50 year later photo in same spot as in 1973 when i had 69 deville

car is sentimental to me ,heck in oct of 69 the one in my neighborhood silver ,black top and red leather with my same bumper guards was a treat to see ,and that same month got to drive triple black 70 fleetwood

will be at show in 24.probably my last,41 years ago was the last good original 70 fleetwood i ran down at dutchland auction,and passed on it , due to even at 9400 mies,good deal of body work

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: wrefakis on May 20, 2023, 10:15:46 AMgoing to detail it and change vacume hoses , service fluids and take a real set of photos
then drive it once or twice including to take 50 year later photo in same spot as in 1973 when i had 69 deville

car is sentimental to me ,heck in oct of 69 the one in my neighborhood silver ,black top and red leather with my same bumper guards was a treat to see ,and that same month got to drive triple black 70 fleetwood

will be at show in 24.probably my last,41 years ago was the last good original 70 fleetwood i ran down at dutchland auction,and passed on it , due to even at 9400 mies,good deal of body work

I'M IN TEARS READING THIS!!!! DRIVE THE F'ING CAR!!!! WTF ARE YOU SAVING IT FOR!?!?!
You're going to be lying on your death bed and you're going to think "I wish I had driven that car more..."
DRIVE YOUR CAR!!!

JEEZ!
..argh...

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

wrefakis

thanks foe the profanity laced instructions
i shall not respond in kind
i can chosse to enjoy the car and preserve it

bcroe

I am in LKs camp, cars were built to be driven. 
A sign that I really like a car is when it is
headed for 300,000 miles.  Bruce Roe

jcat

HVA eh? They'd probably look at my 69 and either see dollar signs or throw me out. Thankfully I found a good local welder/fabricator. Retired old school guy. Will have him do most of the cancer surgery, Hyannis is a bit of a drive for this Rhode Islander. Definitely at least until I get this thing road worthy.
Joe Catanzaro
----------------
1969 Sedan Deville
2017 S550 4matic (daily)
2017 XC90 T6 (wife's ride)
2015 F-Type R
2004 F350 5.4 (work pig)
2004 Grand Marquis

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: jcat on May 21, 2023, 07:32:17 PMHVA eh? They'd probably look at my 69 and either see dollar signs or throw me out. Thankfully I found a good local welder/fabricator. Retired old school guy. Will have him do most of the cancer surgery, Hyannis is a bit of a drive for this Rhode Islander. Definitely at least until I get this thing road worthy.

LOL! Honey trust me, HVA doesn't need your money. There are 10-12 cars in the main shop in various stages of whatever, cars stuffed into 2 ware houses on the same street, and stuffed into Area 51 - waiting. Glad you found someone local, hope he does a great job for you!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

dochawk

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on May 19, 2023, 09:08:20 AMSo many people save their cars for the next owner, I don't understand that.

I figure that if my kids get 10k out of any of my cars after I go, it means that I didn't drive them enough.

Perfect timing would be if they drove them to my funeral, and they all broke down on the way back!

undefined - Imgur.gif
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)