News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1961 Cadillac Olympic White Paint Question

Started by 61Caddy9090, June 16, 2023, 03:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

61Caddy9090

I'm in the process of restoring my 1961 Cadillac Series 62 convertible.  The interior is white and I'm trying to match the original paint color (Olympic White) and the original texture on my 6-way power seat trim.  Has anyone restored their white interior with the same original color and trim texture?  I'm trying to have the parts powder coated and can not find the perfect match for color or textured color. 
P.S.  I already have the DuPont color # from 1961 but I'm having much trouble getting original/matching for powder coat.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!

Clewisiii

In working through my 61 interior trim in light blue, the seat side trim and the painted metal trim pieces along the doors edges, the texture was actually in the steel stamping not the paint itself.

Now there is a question about gloss on top of texture.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering