News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Lseat.com - any experiences

Started by signer62, December 01, 2022, 08:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

signer62

I am wondering if anyone has any dealings with this company producing mainly leather replacement seat covers. Online reviews say products are reasonable price, good quality, but customer service is suspect. Cannot talk to anyone on phone, all communication by email. They are in Sugarland Texas.
They have asked me to send my covers to replicate and I am obviously very nervous about sending the only set I have. If it falls through I am screwed.

Matti R

I bought leather seat covers for Seville 79. I was happy with size and dimensions and I was able to install those myself. Surface is different to original cover as Lseat supply only grain leather and not smooth surface like the original.
Best regards,
Matti
CLC #33333
67 DeVille convertible Sudan beige
79 Seville
64 Sedan DeVille
66 Calais Coupe

dn010

They asked me to send in the ones off my 1957. I believe the seats are the same as 1958 and they already offer those for sale so I didn't see the point.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

The Tassie Devil(le)

Like you, I was sceptical as the price was well below the prices I had quoted down here, but, what the heck.  Anything would be better than what I had in the car.    When checking their address, it was a Texas address, which turned out to be what looked like a mail-forwarding place.   As for where they were actually made, it could have been anywhere from Indonesia to Mexico, but, I couldn't fault their workmanship.

I purchased my replacement covers from Lseat.com, and am very satisfied with the product I received.

As they didn't have the patterns for my seats, 60/40, they said that if I sent them my covers, they would use them as patterns, and offered me half price for the lot.   So, I sent them.   And received half price as offered.

There were a couple of issues that came about which made it take longer, and I will describe these now.
(1)   They didn't have the same carpet pieces to sew into the replacements, and couldn't use the originals, as these were torn and worn out.   So they sewed a felt-like material in place of the carpet.   In hindsight, it would have been nice if they had contacted me to see if I could supply the new replacement carpet, but that didn't happen.   When the covers arrived, I had to source carpet pieces, and by the time I located them, many months went by, and I had a local upholsterer remove the new stuff and insert the carpet.   This simple task cost me nearly as much as the covers.

(2)   I asked for the old covers to be returned, which they said to mark each piece with my name and address, and it would be done.   Still waiting.   I would have liked them back for reference purposes.   But, as I took a lot of pictures, I didn't really need them, but, they would have been nice.

As for their craftsmanship, and fitting, the job was beautiful, and they even marked where I had to cut to fit the trimware. (which was one reason I wanted the bits back).

Whilst all this was going on, COVID19 had just started, so I had to be prepared for extra time in case the people sourcing material and sewing became an issue.

The main issue was getting the Carpet pieces from ACC as after I finally found the correct pile, and colour, they couldn't supply enough to do the complete car, but just enough to do the seats.   This was another huge expense, and time waster.

As I had spare parts from a '71 Eldo, I put those seats into the car so I could still drive it, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

When preparing the seat frames and cushioning for covering, I used the best parts from the '71 to replace the worst parts of the '72, BUT, when time came to fit the rear seat back, no amount of pulling and pushing would get the new cover to fit.   Out of frustration, I put the seat cushions side to side, and the '71 cushion was 1" deeper than the '72.   Changing back to the '72 cushion, the cover went on perfectly.   Goes to show that things are not the same between models, even though they look the same.

As for how they feel whilst driving, well, since COVID19, I haven't been anywhere as the Lockdowns affected everyone, but after some use, I am pretty sure that the creases will eventually disappear.   Looking at old pictures of the original seats, these new ones are a lot better.   As for their lifespan, not sure, but they will outlast me.

If you need any more information, and pictures, send me a PM and we can correspond via email.

Bruce. >:D 
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon