News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Photos of a Day in the Lif...
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 08:36:12 PM
What do you suppose the most expensive car on that lot that day was?  Not what it cost new, what you could have bought it for if you had cash in your pocket that day?
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1956 Fleetwood 75 by Derha...
Last post by V63 - Today at 08:26:03 PM
With wealth associated with the name, seems air conditioning was an oversight?
General Discussion / Re: Goodbye & thanks.
Last post by gkhashem - Today at 07:54:39 PM
I got a question for Mr. Doyle.

How many car clubs do you belong to, and could you name them for us.

I belong to the CLC, Buick, Oldsmobile Club of America, Antique Oldsmobile Club, AACA and the Pontiac Oakland GMC club. 
Ya good tip on the bearing numbers.  Older bearings always had a brand and number that wasn't some obscure secret.  GM was what New Departure in that era?    Today I have seen bearings with no numbers or numbers that didn't mean anything.  Seals the newer we got the less easy they are/were to identify.

If you don't have a bearing supply place usually typing the numbers into google or a parts store site will turn up something.
Last post by 79 Eldorado - Today at 07:11:46 PM
Quote from: TJ Hopland on Today at 02:06:46 PMScott, the place you want to enter your number when you find it is on the same page where you can change your password, there is a specific field for CLC number....
Thanks TJ, I was in that section and just missed it. I think because I was looking for an actual number instead of a blank box because I knew I had joined.

I did find my confirmation email. It was dated the 28th of December 2021 but I cannot find a number anywhere. I do recall spending quite a bit of time entering all of the details for my vehicles but perhaps they encouraged that before confirmation? I have no idea. I can see in the confirmation email the color of the hot link has already changed which seems to indicate I followed it when it arrived.

If something simply didn't "take" that would explain why I've never received any communication encouraging me to extend the membership. I just assumed that I was still under the extended period but I didn't realize it's been 2yrs and 4 months. I joined only because I wanted to support the forum by being paid but I have serious concerns regarding the policy and longevity of the forum. I gave the CT forum example. That site, for 1965-1970 large cars, was considered the authority for information and now Facebook type groups have really diluted the forum activity (and other forums from what I understand). There's so much existing information on that site that, if you have the patience to search existing content, you can likely find the answer to almost any question you have. My point being forums are already on life support and this policy is just helping to pull the plug regardless of what I do. I do encourage ebay buyers to join the forum if they aren't already members.

People asked if Paul was from California. I'm pretty certain that's Paul from the UK.

Scott
QuoteHave you seen a kit that is specifically made for this Cadillac carb?  I have seen universal kits that don't look as reliable.  The specific ones also look like a fair amount of work to install, there is drilling and tapping presumably of the carb to install them.

Mike's Carburetor shows they possibly have one.

https://www.carburetor-parts.com/rochester-quadrajet-carburetor-choke-parts

Scroll down toward the bottom of the page and it shows part numbers CU1454 and CU1453 as possibilities, depending on whether Clockwise or Counterclockwise rotation is needed.  If you click on each one, and scroll down to the bottom of that page, it will give the carburetor numbers for that specific application.

Daryl Chesterman
Last post by Lexi - Today at 06:48:07 PM
Jim that has also been my experience. The CLC Club is the big league. Clay/Lexi
Skylar, if you you have the old bearing and seal in hand, there will be part numbers on them.  You can take them to any bearing supplier and they can match them for you.  You will also want to remove the inner race that mates to the bearing you need so that you will have a matching set.  This inner race will also have a number on it.  Never put a new bearing on an old race!  They should be replaced as a set as the old race will prematurely wear out the new bearing.  If you do not see numbers on the seal, take a caliper and measure the diameter of the spindle where the seal rides, and also measure the inside diameter of the rotor where the seal is installed, and take those measurements with you, along with the old seal.  They are usually common bearings and seals so you shouldn't have any problem acquiring them.  Bearing supply houses deal with this kind of thing all of the time!

Daryl Chesterman
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1956 Fleetwood 75 by Derha...
Last post by Bryan J Moran - Today at 06:26:59 PM
That's a Derham anlright.  Interesting.
General Discussion / Re: POLL: What's the newest Ca...
Last post by dn010 - Today at 06:23:18 PM
My "newest" was a 65 four door I picked up in Bisbee Arizona. The previous owner was kind enough to leave a voodoo doll in the back seat for me to find, but that is a whole other story on it's own.