News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'60 Chassis sold on the HAMB

Started by Poncholover, July 22, 2022, 06:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poncholover

Flattie Caddy

Carfreak

I think the word idiot is inappropriate.

So what if someone did put a modern drivetrain and frame under the car, that is their choice. The CLC accepts modified cars including through their judging.

There are certain years Cadillacs that I don't appreciate or certain models. If I was to go on here and call everyone that owns those years or model car an idiot, that would violate the rules right?

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Poncholover

Let's see, Clean frame and running gear, 2x3s, correct air cleaner, air ride...That came from 1 clean automobile. Another great car bites the dust to be turned into some pimped out trailer queen?
Flattie Caddy

The Tassie Devil(le)

Not everyone thinks the same way, and wants to play with old stuff.

These pages are full of troubles with Multiple Carb setups, Air Suspension problems, poor braking, and seriously poor road manners.

But, what a gorgeous body shape to tour around in with perfect late-model mechanicals.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Quentin Hall

Hmmm. Whilst I agree with both arguments (to a degree), I nonetheless can't understand why you would do this.
A 60 Eldo is a beautiful driving car in stock form. It doesn't get any better.
How do you improve on perfection?
This is just a rich man's folly.

If you can, then go for it.
But just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Mike Baillargeon #15848

I think I'm going to agree with Quentin here....I don't know if it was a Seville or the Biarritz, and it really doesn't matter but, I would of converted to springs just to eliminate the aggravation factor of the air suspension....

Those 1960 Cadillac's ran wonderfully....lets hope the body isn't sitting on some big block Chevy chassis....

Quentin aren't you short a 53 Eldo in your bio car list?...haha

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

rwchatham CLC 21892

Q and mike by the looks of the body mounts it seems to be a seville chassis , you guys know me I am a build them back with every factory nut and  bolt kind of guy but ive  definitely thought about  taking a 59 and putting it on a morrison chassis with  a modern cadillac powertrain tighten up the bumper to body gaps and drive the hell out of it .
R. Waligora

rwchatham CLC 21892

C6BC4DA4-F0D1-4CCC-AB78-AA04FC42DD4E.png   

Pretty sure this is where the chassis came from
R. Waligora

rwchatham CLC 21892

And mike convert it to springs ? Now thats just wrong air cars ride like a magic carpet  👍
R. Waligora

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on July 26, 2022, 08:03:56 PMAnd mike convert it to springs ? Now thats just wrong air cars ride like a magic carpet  👍

LOL....Ray I once owned a 58 Eldorado Brougham....I still have flash backs because of that air suspension...

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

rwchatham CLC 21892

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon #15848 on July 27, 2022, 08:16:36 AMLOL....Ray I once owned a 58 Eldorado Brougham....I still have flash backs because of that air suspension...

Mike

Mike nothing 10k into that air ride wouldn't have cured  ! 😃
R. Waligora

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I would probably go along with changing things over to "modern," except...To me, nothing ruins an older car more than by putting different wheels and tires on it. We have a late 70s Electra that I see around my small town, now and then. A very nicely kept original car except it looks like it's tip-toeing around with it's 25" modern wheels.

See, Sue, I can get my point across without trashing those horrible orange...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

76eldo

Looked like a nice car. 
Too bad they did this to it.  I have seen at least 2 other Sevilles that this has happened to and I bought a complete chassis out of Ohio several years ago.  I also bought a truck load of parts from West Virginia from a guy building a 60 Seville custom but keeping the Cadillac chassis. 

A terrible fate for this black car.   
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Poncholover on July 22, 2022, 06:13:22 PMQuite a piece.
Do you suppose some idiot put the body on a modern chassis??

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1960-cadillac-powered-chassis-tri-power-air-ride-ac-car.1268879/

Without knowing more, it could have simply have been a chassis that was salvaged from a car with a non-salvageable body.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

rwchatham CLC 21892

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on August 05, 2022, 08:39:09 AMWithout knowing more, it could have simply have been a chassis that was salvaged from a car with a non-salvageable body.

Eric if you look at the photos above it looks like it was a nice body being put on a modern chassis.
R. Waligora

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on August 05, 2022, 11:04:38 AMEric if you look at the photos above it looks like it was a nice body being put on a modern chassis.

Thanks. I was only looking at the still pictures, not the video.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute