News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

oil consumption of 2006 SRX 6

Started by James Landi, May 21, 2016, 01:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Landi

Having recently purchased a 2006 SRX with a 6 cylinder engine, mileage 27,000 miles, I find it odd that having traveled a little over 2000 miles, that I'm a quart low....I checked the oil when I purchased the car-- thoughts?   James

Barry M Wheeler #2189

i really hope the four banger in my 2014 ATS is in good shape, as I don't think I've ever opened the hood on my own to check anything...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

James Landi

Barry,   A modest proposal: check..I've been looking a various blogs, apparently some of these units ingest motor oil.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

The Tassie Devil(le)

Gee Barry,

I thought you would be checking to see that what you purchased actually had in the engine bay what it was supposed to have.

Now, to get the hood open, you have to read the owners manual, which should be in the Glove Compartment, and it will describe where the hood release is, and where the engine is.   Plus, it will also identify just where the dipo stick is positioned. ;)

These modern cars really are something different.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon