News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

missing a front wheel bearing dust cap

Started by 59 DIRTY RAT, November 11, 2013, 05:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

59 DIRTY RAT

Hi Guys, does anybody sell the front wheel bearing dust cap?? I have tried looking everywhere to no avail. OR does any other cap fit?
Thanks
'59 Fleetwood 75 imperial limo
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

TJ Hopland

Most stores carry or can get Dorman so if there is one here that will fit it should be a fairly inexpensive fix.

http://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearch.aspx?type=keyword&q=dust+cap

As a temp fix for damaged or odd sized hubs I have used a rubber plumbing drain cap and hose clamp.  Those are available in the pvc plumbing section of your favorite home / hardware store. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Gene Beaird

Although available from Doorman and Help! brand, I find that many times those units fit a little loose.  Luckily, they don't cost a lot, so if the fit is poor, you can use it to keep the dust and moisture out until you can locate one in a junk yard. 

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

M. Bankes

What year ? I've got a couple dozen parts cars and can sell you a used one. I have from 55-59
Thanks
M Bankes

59 DIRTY RAT

Thanx for your help Guys,
M. Bankes, I have a 59! Only thing is that Im down under in Australia! Paying you might be a hassle? unless I can pay PayPal?
How much can I get one for? I would rather buy from you than a store but if its a hassle I fully understand
Thanx, Andy

Message me if u like.
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

59 DIRTY RAT

Also, TJ Hopland - which part number is the dust cap in the Doorman site? I havent measured the diameter so im not sure which one fits
Thanx
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

M. Bankes

Hi,
It's not a problem at all to send you one, and pay pal is fine with me. I just sent you a PM with the details,
Thanks
M Bankes

59 DIRTY RAT

'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci