News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on Today at 06:17:22 AMThere is only one Super Bearing Mount by Loctite as far as I know.

But, any sealing compound will do.

The thing about the Super Bearing Mount is that it fills up any imperfections under the piece being sealed, and this includes the worn points of the reason for using the Speedie Sleeve in the first place.

Bruce. >:D

They must have changed the name. Ill review the details of each.
General Discussion / Re: 1955 battery removal
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Today at 06:20:59 AM
Lexie,

In the picture you show of the carrier attached to the battery terminals, I am sorry to point out they are upside down.

Plus, I would never lift any battery with these straps if any angling has to be done.

There is only one Super Bearing Mount by Loctite as far as I know.

But, any sealing compound will do.

The thing about the Super Bearing Mount is that it fills up any imperfections under the piece being sealed, and this includes the worn points of the reason for using the Speedie Sleeve in the first place.

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on Yesterday at 02:22:34 AMI use Loctite Super Bearing Mount when fitting Speedie Sleeves.   Never had any leakage.

Plus, real easy to fit using the supplied tool and a hammer.   If I have to press it on further, I cut the end off the Installer, and use a tube the same size as the installer.

For the Loctite are you referring to their retaining compound? If so which did you use. There are several.

Thanks
General Discussion / Re: 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood
Last post by David Greenburg - Today at 05:00:07 AM
Is that the Gabriel Classic? If so I just finished installing a set on my '60. I wound up re-using the old top bushing since it was already compressed and the rubber seemed healthy. You could also try slicing a little bit off the replacement bushings. It still took a number of tries before I got the nut to "catch" on the threads. The shocks come with universal bushings. I'm guessing the originals were slightly thinner.
General Discussion / Re: 1955 battery removal
Last post by PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192 - Today at 03:31:39 AM
I've always climbed as far as I can into the engine bay, disconnected the terminals, moving the leads as far out of the way as possible, removed the clamp and pulled it out at an angle. It is not a nice or easy job. I've seen cars where people have moved the battery to the trunk to relocate it from this position. I believe 57 and 58s had it located just behind the grill?
General Discussion / Re: Wheres The Ark?
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Today at 02:09:56 AM
The owner of the Ark decided to depart from the CLC, both the Club, and Forums, including Facebook.

Laurie would not tone down her brash remarks, and following the instigating of a ban from the Administrators, after sending disgusting correspondence to all, even the President of the CLC, she decided to completely sever her Membership and part ways.

General Discussion / Re: Tire advice?
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 01:49:53 AM
From my 2024 tire thread where we I was mostly asking about 70's and 80's cars someone mentioned Kintio who has a few US tire distributors but is stocked by online places like Summit, Jegs, etc.  They have a 165/80 does that work for these cars?

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/tires?fr=part-type&SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=kontino
General Discussion / Wheres The Ark?
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Today at 01:14:47 AM
Is it me or has the posts about The Ark gone silent?  While some of the responses were brash...the Cadillac convos were cool.  What happened?
Data plate is the first start.  59 was built in Dec 58 and sold new Jan 59 outside Pittsburgh.  The old dealership is now an empty lot.  I think GM can provide you details if decoding the data plate doesnt help.