News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: 1958 Eldorado Brougham fou...
Last post by Lexi - Today at 10:15:45 AM
Quote from: Mike Baillargeon #15848 on Today at 09:25:36 AMI saw this on Face book.....I hope we hear the story someday.

This beautiful 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham was recently found in an underground garage in NYC. She hasn't seen light since the 1970s ㋡

Some really cool cars are still out there waiting to be found.

I cringe a little bit about that tow strap so close to that lower bumper bar....those crack real easy....

Mike

Would love to hear the story of this car. Clay/Lexi
General Discussion / Re: Where are the OEM Parts Su...
Last post by Lexi - Today at 10:10:33 AM
Now that Michael has included the above noted post, I can confirm that he is a very busy guy. Can only comment on my experience & have noted that he is willing to work with clients and go the extra mile. In one instance he assisted in getting a Cadillac engine transported to a US buddy when covid border travel restrictions were in place. He is also a knowledgable Cadillac resource. In my dealings I have found him to be fair and honest. Clay/Lexi
I have known people with tools and it didn't seem to help much.  If it wasn't rusty you could work them out with a hammer and punch or screwdriver.  If they were rusty the tool just slipped off and mangled things and you still ended up destroying it.
That really looks like what they were using later.  Just a quick look and it seems like there is pretty much one pump GM used on most everything through the 80's. 

Since you are running a carb seems like going to the mechanical pump would be the way to go.  This place looks like they have a sock filter and the pick up hose you could use to eliminate the pump on your original sending unit.  I don't know the place its just the first thing that came up that didn't look like junk.
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=24964
General Discussion / Re: Where are the OEM Parts Su...
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 10:02:49 AM
I understand this. I had reached out to a yard to ask about a small stainless steel button that hold the plastic seat track cover on the 61. He told me $75.

I asked why so much. He said it is $50 for me to walk out there and get the part.

I guess if you are running a yard even if you get the Cars for free you still have all the other business expenses that add up the part prices.

Which makes it nice if an individual can buy their own parts car and sell things they don't need to people who do. It is cheaper for everyone in that situation. But not as reliable as a knowledgeable dedicated seller.
I have always tapped the lock ring loose with a small driver and hammer.
General Discussion / Re: 1955 battery removal
Last post by Lexi - Today at 09:39:14 AM
Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on Today at 06:20:59 AMLexie,

In the picture you show of the carrier attached to the battery terminals, I am sorry to point out they are upside down.

Plus, I would never lift any battery with these straps if any angling has to be done.

Bruce. >:D

Bruce this particular strap only fits one way. I agree that it is best to use your hands to remove these batteries and not to use a lifting strap at an angle. Clay/Lexi
Thanks Bruce.  The whole unit was replaced at CPR when I bought the car, 4 or so years ago.  The old one was a total mess!!  Because it was new and I haven't put that many miles on the car, I'm surprised that the pump died but oh well.

On every Cadillac I own, the problem is almost always the fuel pump!  I always carry a spare in the trunk.  Of course replacing them is easier on the older cars.

Thanks for the help!
I saw that as well. Amazing where some of these finds can turn up.
I saw this on Face book.....I hope we hear the story someday.

This beautiful 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham was recently found in an underground garage in NYC. She hasn't seen light since the 1970s ㋡

Some really cool cars are still out there waiting to be found.

I cringe a little bit about that tow strap so close to that lower bumper bar....those crack real easy....

Mike