News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1971 CdV $14,900 61,000 miles

Started by Bryan J Moran, December 15, 2022, 10:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

Not Mine - Not a Dealer Ad

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2269961006494932/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A34efffaf-b884-45b8-9195-d2cc5791c7dd

Seller's Description
1971 Cadillac Coupe Deville with only 61,000 original miles. Runs, drives, and looks excellent. The transmission shifts smoothly just like it should! Fully loaded with leather, power seats, power locks, power windows, right side mirror, rear defrost, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, cruise control, delay wipers, A/C,etc. turns heads everywhere! clean title.

Front seat leather looks a little challenged, as does the trunk paint, but otherwise this appears to be a nice example.   Nice colors anyway. 
CLC 35000 in number only

V63

Typical of white leather of the era, it seems the least durable.

Bryan J Moran

Quote from: V63 on December 15, 2022, 01:35:35 PMTypical of white leather of the era, it seems the least durable.

Yes, but I wonder if some sort of white so called spray dye, which I think is a light paint, would refresh it?
CLC 35000 in number only

Bryan J Moran

I am personally not a fan of the front of 1971-1972 DeVilles, so even though this is a nice example, I would pass.  I think it is a blessing that Cadillac made quite a few cars in the 70's.  No one needs to settle.  I am holding out for a 1974.  This is my favorite year of the 70's. 

Egg crate grille, the side profile without true "hardtop" styling is something I love.  I have no issue with the beautiful 71-72 side full 2 door hardtop styling though, which is why I posted this car here.   
CLC 35000 in number only

V63

I too prefer the 1974, last year for round headlights.
 That said, I do like the 1971 very much too. A friend of mine ordered a new 71 and it was a similar blue, but he had the vinyl top delete...the salesman at the time argued that would be a mistake. But when the car arrived it received much compliment.   

The white leather is toast in the car, dye might give a better illusion but it's a gold ring in a sows ear.