News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

72 Eldorado convertible $4500

Started by badpoints, December 16, 2022, 09:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornetball

Could be.  Recommend that you do a quick engine compression check and assess the condition of the floors.  Seat leather looks pretty good from the one small photo . . . possibly could be redyed.  The leather used on these years was durable.

The Tassie Devil(le)

From the picture, the Driver's seat has had it.   The upholstery is real;ly bad, and not salvageable.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

benji808

Yeah...personally, I'd stay away from this one. Maybe for $1k if I wanted something to mess around with. Interior looks unsalvageable, as Bruce said, and judging from the rust and wear on the wheels and engine bay turning even simple wrenches on this could be a nightmare.

Jw4

I can't say anything from these small pictures. Need more information. I would ask for more pictures, or go see it in person if I was looking for one.
Ivan Beliaev

Cadillac Nut

1k?  Been a long time since you can get one of these for 1k in this condition.  Motor brings that now. 

Jw4

That is true. A scrap metal with no floors, from the garden, is usually selling for more than that. This one looks to be complete and operation car. Technically, anything can be restored. As for the price, you would need to look at other ads to determine what a good-working car is selling for.
Ivan Beliaev

benji808

Fair points, and to the right person the $4500 may be reasonable. I think it'd be a long and expensive road to get this one in decent shape, depending on your goals, and would rather start with a cleaner example.

Gene Beaird

Trunk lid held closed by....  tape.   :o
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873