News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 Fleetwood Project - Believe it is SO

Started by Bryan J Moran, January 19, 2023, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1287650718467479

Seller's Description
Up for sale unfortunately is my 66 fleetwood.  Racing has taken priority and I haven't touched this thing in 8 months so time for it to go. Started fixing some rust in the rear window.   Had the rear window and front windshield re sealed   Has brand new tires  and new brake pads and wheel cylinders on all 4 corners  new rubber lines. And wheel bearings  and seals 
No motor no trans.   Clean title.  Only rust left to fix is on the passnager floorboard  pictured.   Have all interior pieces was only removed to clean and check for rust.  Seats need re covers and needs headliner.   3500 obo

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?attachment_id=721376386264691&message_id=mid.%24gABRYHdHDEYiL_VBFrWFyzqVVNsuh&thread_id=5726384630731144

Unfortunately, I am unable to attach a photo from what the seller sent me.  The data plate (tag) has 2 rusty staples at the bottom. 

At the top left it has 12D

ST  66-68069  FWD  2326  BODY
TR  000-           18-   PAINT
    EYSM  K

CLC 35000 in number only

Bryan J Moran

Per the seller, for what it is worth - he said it never had a vinyl top. Could that be SO? Deletion of vinyl top?
CLC 35000 in number only

Mike Baillargeon #15848

The 1966 model 68069 is the 60 special....those didn't come with a vinyl top like the Brougham did...

The special order looks like it's in the interior, unfortunately there isn't enough of the interior left to see what's different than stock...

Mike

Mike
Baillargeon

badpoints

If you look at the picture of the floor, there is a gloss painted piece at the top the heat vent that runs front to back. I have the same thing on my car. I thought it was a patch because the black piece looks like a scrap piece of another car used as a patch. I wonder why that piece is painted gloss black? I was convinced that is was a patch and not a great patch. Mine looks just like that with the gloss black and then white with sheet metal screws.
This makes me happy.

Bryan J Moran

Quote from: badpoints on January 20, 2023, 08:11:14 AMIf you look at the picture of the floor, there is a gloss painted piece at the top the heat vent that runs front to back. I have the same thing on my car. I thought it was a patch because the black piece looks like a scrap piece of another car used as a patch. I wonder why that piece is painted gloss black? I was convinced that is was a patch and not a great patch. Mine looks just like that with the gloss black and then white with sheet metal screws.
This makes me happy.

You ask an interesting question. I had to look a few times to determine what you are referring to. I do not know the correct answer. 

Is there something UNDER that complete panel or is the floor panel?  If there is a perforation (space) perhaps it was for rear seat heat venting if ordered. 

Why is it black?  Likely because it is at a place that "might" be visible to someone riding in the car, so the finish had to be better.  Other than that I have no answer.
CLC 35000 in number only

Bryan J Moran

Photos of the seats above.  The mystery continues.  Those look like normal seats to me. I will have to break out my 66 sales brochure.  (I am no 66 Cadillac expert)   Those look like clothe seats to me.

Paint?  Looks like an dark shade of silver in the photos.  I know the SO gives the restorer a bit more license to do as they wish and get it judged. 
CLC 35000 in number only

badpoints

Quote from: Bryan J Moran on January 20, 2023, 11:25:58 AMYou ask an interesting question. I had to look a few times to determine what you are referring to. I do not know the correct answer. 

Is there something UNDER that complete panel or is the floor panel?  If there is a perforation (space) perhaps it was for rear seat heat venting if ordered. 

Why is it black?  Likely because it is at a place that "might" be visible to someone riding in the car, so the finish had to be better.  Other than that I have no answer.
It is the vent for the rear heat. It is just floor underneath. I thought the heat vent had been patched because it didn't look factory. Especially the sheet metal screws and the odd gloss black piece. Rear heat must of been an option that the screwed in.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

All the links except for the first one in the original post are coming up a blank FB page for me.

In any case, TR 000 can only mean the interior is SO. Not being able to see enough of the interior I can't begin to say what the variation could have been.

12D - built 4th week of December (1965).
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Series75

All 66 Fleetwoods have a rear floor heater port.   In fact my 62 Fleetwood had one too.  Taps off the firewall and goes to the right rear, ending under the seat.   The fresh air vent via the huge hole in the front floor is not factory!   Tom #6866
Tom CLC #6866

Bryan J Moran

Tom, cmon. Could be factory!  I'll figure out a way to get the photos he sent me on the forum. I have also saved a link from Facebook marketplace of a series 75 from 1966 and it has the same seat pattern as this 60 S   
CLC 35000 in number only

The Tassie Devil(le)

Further to the under-carpet/under seat heater vent, I have seen it where a person fitting replacement carpeting has neglected to notice that this duct is a heating vent, and not bothered to cut the hole in the outlet to allow the air to come out.

Bruce. >:D 
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon