News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac in Sweden

Started by Cadillac1967inthenorth, January 25, 2023, 03:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Hey,
New member from Sweden.

IMG-4808.jpg

I recently bought a 1967 Cadillac Deville hardtop sedan. 76 K miles on the odometer. Interior is in really good shape, but not the cloth. Some parts of the leather need to get refreshed. Padding on dash, dash, door sides, carpet etc is in really good condition some parts near mint.
It has a few options. Wonderbar am radio, power locks, 6-way power seat, sentinel & guide-matic, climate control and cornering lights  (if its an option).

Exterior is in baroque gold and black vinyl room. No rust and straight bode. Chrome etc in very good shape, almost like new. Laquer need to be refreshed but is the original paint. I think it will shine if do a good job :)

Right now im replacing the fabrics on the seats with nos fabric. Its quite a job!

I really likes the cadillacs for 1967. Beautiful dash and the darien cloth used in some of the devilles is beautiful. Front and rear end is perfect!

I bought a perfect circle cruise control that I plan to install.

Im not shure if its 76 K miles or 176´K miles gas pedal and brake pedal show almost no wear.

/Gustav

badpoints

Nice car. I have the same year and color, except white top.

jwwseville60

If you post some pics of the engine compartment and door jambs, we can probably determine the actual miles or close to it.
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Hello Sweden! Welcome to the club, very nice car. And "thank you" for Tobias Forge too.  :-*
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Quote from: badpoints on January 25, 2023, 03:17:08 PMNice car. I have the same year and color, except white top.

Thank you! I think that baroque gold was calld retirement gold back in the days :) I love it

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Quote from: jwwseville60 on January 25, 2023, 04:32:05 PMIf you post some pics of the engine compartment and door jambs, we can probably determine the actual miles or close to it.

Thank you!

I think 76 K sounds too little.

Here are some pics. The black air cleaner is removed from the carb. The ignition cables are quite new but dirty

Roger Zimmermann

Welcome here! According to the pictures, I don't think that the odometer should read 176K miles. Maybe the previous owner had mats on the floor. because on the picture the pad is looking to be in a good condition.
It's difficult to judge the driven miles from a vehicle with just some pictures: many years ago, a friend of mine bought a new Firebird with rubber mats over the carpet. I a rather short time (maybe 15-20K km), the mat near the gas pedal had a hole!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Quote from: Roger Zimmermann on January 26, 2023, 03:57:20 AMWelcome here! According to the pictures, I don't think that the odometer should read 176K miles. Maybe the previous owner had mats on the floor. because on the picture the pad is looking to be in a good condition.
It's difficult to judge the driven miles from a vehicle with just some pictures: many years ago, a friend of mine bought a new Firebird with rubber mats over the carpet. I a rather short time (maybe 15-20K km), the mat near the gas pedal had a hole!

Haha, he had burned a lot of gas  :)

Its really difficult. The car is dirty inside and out but beside from the clot its really nice. Iv loocked for car with darien cloth and almost every car I found have aged badly. This year Cadillac used another cloth too an that fabric seems butch durable.

badpoints

Looks like your transmission kick down switch/Pitch switch is disconnected.

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Quote from: badpoints on January 26, 2023, 07:11:06 AMLooks like your transmission kick down switch/Pitch switch is disconnected.

Yes im missing the the spring an lever!

Do you have a pic showing exactly where the cruise is mounted on the wall? II have one, but car wasnt equiped with cruise so I dont know exactly where it should mount. I can see the housing in one of your pics

64\/54Cadillacking

Welcome Gustav! Nice '67! I used to own a '68 Coupe Deville years ago and your Caddy brings me back great memories of that car.  8)

Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

badpoints

Not sure if these pictures are very helpful. It bolts through the wheel well.

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Quote from: badpoints on January 26, 2023, 10:46:23 AMNot sure if these pictures are very helpful. It bolts through the wheel well.

Thank you!

Hi Gustav,

beautiful car! I have been to the Wheels and Wings event last year and was both impressed with the incredible jänk scene and the sheer beauty of Halland. I love Sweden.

If you like to, take a look at this thread. I would be grateful for hints:

https://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=170674.msg532147#msg532147

1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

bcroe

Quote from: badpointsLooks like your transmission
kick down switch/Pitch switch is disconnected.

I thought I was the only one checking those.  The
mechanical switch can be replaced with electronics. 
Bruce Roe

winger888

Great car Gustav. We went to the meeting in Lidköping last July. Took our Eldorado all the way up and had a wonderful time. Very impressive US-Car scene in Sweden. The www.bigmeet.com is said to be the largest meeting of antique US-Cars in the world. I believe it; its hilarious  :D   
76 Eldorado Bicentennial
79 Lincoln Town Car Collectors Series

lars29

Nice i have a 67 conv and a 68 sedan deville

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Quote from: lars29 on January 28, 2023, 04:58:06 AMNice i have a 67 conv and a 68 sedan deville

Nice cars! I love the 67:s but the motor from 1968 is not bad :)

cadillactim

The transmission switch has a plastic peg with a square end on it. That square end goes into a square hole on the carb linkage. There is no lever or spring on the 67 like there is on the 68.

Tim
Tim Groves

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Quote from: cadillactim on January 28, 2023, 11:12:12 PMThe transmission switch has a plastic peg with a square end on it. That square end goes into a square hole on the carb linkage. There is no lever or spring on the 67 like there is on the 68.

Tim

Thank you!