News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

History wanted for my 1977 Fleetwood Formal Limousine

Started by Martin Graetz, March 09, 2023, 01:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Graetz

Dear all,

I'm looking for the history of my 77 Limousine which was shipped to Europe around 2005. Unfortunately I have no history information prior 2005. I bought it from a collector in the netherlands who collect cars with low milage. I bougt the car with around 8 thousand miles. Maybe it has done before it was shipped to Europe, his service for an embassy, hotel or company. When I got deeper in the history of Series 75 models, I noticed, that it is not total unusual to find Formal Limousines with a low milage.
What do I have:
- a Pennsylvania safety inspection sticker which expired in June 2003,
- VIN 6F33S7Q153499
- built November 1976,
- the colour is Hudson Bay Blue and
- the low milage of less 8.042 miles in 2020

Under my CLC profile you'll find more photos in the gallery.
Records of this year are not available in the GM Media Archive. Maybe I'll find some information by chance with you.

I appreciate your knowledge and thank you in advance!

Martin

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Check the back of the inspection sticker for the inspection station number. It will be handwritten.  If the station is still in business, that might help narrow down the location. Also note that the Series 75 designation was last used in 1976. From 1977 to 1984 these cars were officially called Fleetwood Limousine and Fleetwood Formal Limousine (black leather front compartment w/division window).

Sounds like a beautiful car.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Art Director

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on March 09, 2023, 06:03:01 PMCheck the back of the inspection sticker for the inspection station number. It will be handwritten.  If the station is still in business, that might help narrow down the location. Also note that the Series 75 designation was last used in 1976. From 1977 to 1984 these cars were officially called Fleetwood Limousine and Fleetwood Formal Limousine (black leather front compartment w/division window).

Hey Eric, we saw one of these recently at the North Carolina Museum of Transportation.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Art Director on March 09, 2023, 06:07:50 PMHey Eric, we saw one of these recently at the North Carolina Museum of Transportation.

Indeed we did. Same color too!

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Martin Graetz

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on March 09, 2023, 06:03:01 PMCheck the back of the inspection sticker for the inspection station number. It will be handwritten.  If the station is still in business, that might help narrow down the location. Also note that the Series 75 designation was last used in 1976. From 1977 to 1984 these cars were officially called Fleetwood Limousine and Fleetwood Formal Limousine (black leather front compartment w/division window).

Thank you, Eric. I did so and found only one redable letter and one number. Time makes them badly readable. Yesraeday I got a list with station name and numbers. Hopefully I find that station and it is still in duty.