News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1970 Eldorado

Started by Aaron Hudacky, June 10, 2011, 01:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Aaron Hudacky on May 19, 2012, 02:01:12 AM
David,

Those are perfect.  Thanks for posting them!  Was the roof on that car black or brown?

I don't have a closer photo of the roof.  I think it was black, but it could have been dark brown.

djohnson

Sauterne is a real nice color live and in person.
It would make your brown interior really stand out

djohnson

Aaron did you find out how much it is to re chrome the bumper?

let me know

Aaron Hudacky

djohnson,

I agree, Sauterne would look good with dark brown.  I've been looking through the 1970 colors and considering every color that would be appropriate with brown, and that's my favorite.  Another I like is a similar 1969 color called Cameo Beige, but I think if I change the color I will stick with 1970 choices.

No, I haven't gotten an estimate on rechroming yet but I will share it when I do.  Unless I find an NOS bumper or perfect original, that'll be one of the last things I do.  The chrome on the rest of the car is very good and the rear bumper is presentable, but when I see NOS chrome I usually like to buy it if I can because it never is available when you are looking for it. 

Tonight I installed a rebuilt clock I bought off Ebay.  It's nice having one that works although I expect it will need redone again within a couple years for oiling as the owner's manual says.  The replacement clock had a widerlower ridge than the original and wouldn't quite drop all the way behind the instrument bezel, so I had to remove the bezel from my original clock and install it on the rebuilt unit for everything to fit properly.  The other thing I hope to do this weekend is install a rebuilt headlight switch. 

Is your car the one that was being sold in a video on youtube a while ago?  It looks identical with a green cloth interior and black top.  If that's the car you bought, it looks very good overall.
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI

djohnson

Aaron

Yes,  the car on you tube is now my car.  the video was done a year or so ago.  i purchased the car
from the person who got it from him.   i stumbled across that video after i bought the car but before
it arrived here at my house, so the video gave me a little peace while i was waiting for the shipper.

The clock project sounds like it turned out great.  to be honest i never checked the clock but im sure
it doesnt work (they never do ).  my next project is to install an 8 track that i got from ebay.

still looking for a rear floor mat in dark green.
also looking for a nice windshield wiper switch.

Then she is headed to the body shop.  found a couple of pimples under the vinyl top
not bad but i notice everything on that car now.  the only way to take care of that is
remove the vinyl top (which at this point im not willing to do)

As far as the color of the car.  Sauterene is the way to go when trying to coordinate with the
dark brown.  the other options would be ...briarwood (a reddish brown)  dark walnut and
cinnamon firemist (orange).   

cant wait to see the finished product

Aaron Hudacky

Less than one month and my rebuilt clock is already dead... time for a quartz conversion.  I'll trade the incorrect second hand movement for more reliability.  If anyone has had this done and likes the result, I'd appreciate hearing who did the work and approximate cost.
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI

Rob Troxel

Aaron,

I have a new in box quartz movement for your clock along with how it instructions bought from Insrument Services>  the part number is S-3015 if you are interested.  $60 bucks plus shipping.

Regards,

robtroxelemail addresses not permitted

Aaron Hudacky

Rob,

Thanks!  I'm sending you a PM.
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI