News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1966 Fleetwood $12,000 - Iowa - 44,000 miles

Started by BJM, July 30, 2018, 11:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/1966-cadillac-fleetwood-44k/6638108199.html

This is a car that has been on CL in Iowa for over a year with the seller heck-bent on pointing out price guide values to justify his asking price, which has slowly fallen.

Now he has added a lot more photos and a book of information. OK.  I like the car and it may be worth it in that $12,000 range.  You could not restore one for anywhere close to value, it would take $65,000 or so to replicate what Cadillac did to this car. 

I knew about the footrests, but not about the tray tables.  For this car I never knew the interior color but it appears to be red!  Wow, that has to be rare. 

Now he is trying whatever he has to to unload it including appealing to the pimp ride crowd.  What a shame that would be to drop 22's on this car and essentially ruin it. 

I just don't know about $12,000 for me.  I think it is likely worth it and would be a fun artifact to own and show at local car shows and even the GN, but it would take all of my budget.