News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

49 convertible need LH frt vent window regulator.

Started by rodsragsnrides, August 24, 2018, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodsragsnrides

Looking to buy or trade for a 49 LH Frt vent window regulator.
I have one I can rebuild but my shaft tip  is so worn, the window handle will not properly stay on.
I have a rh hand extra that is very good shape & If I cannot find one I will have to destroy the rh extra to make one out of the 2...
Any chance some has a extra lh & needs a rh?? or just a bad left hand or rh I can cut the end off to weld onto mine... To be clear I need the piece with the drive gear that actually holds the handle on.  Have a few other parts to trade as well or will pay cash, thx Curtis Scarrow Saskatoon, Sk
Curtis Scarrow Saskatoon,Sk

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Try Bob's Buicks as a 1949 Buick Super/Roadmaster will interchange.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

I always take these apart and put new grease and mix and match parts to get good ones but is the shaft and gear different left and right.  They may not be.  The convertibles generally have a longer shaft on them so you can't interchange with a sedan but if you are willing to weld the shaft on, which I have done also you can use just about any shaft 39 and up.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

rodsragsnrides

Thanks brad,  I will rebuild this conv one and find a 39 up shaft to weld on, probably better to find a door handle one as well....
I'm not one to ruin a perfectly good part even though it's for a modern custom....
Curtis Scarrow Saskatoon,Sk

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500