News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Member - WTB 1979 Coupe DeVille

Started by 0maha, August 01, 2019, 12:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0maha

Hello, everyone!

My name is Jeff, and I'm in Omaha.

In 1979, my dad bought a new Coupe DeVille. Colonial Yellow, yellow leather interior, landau roof.

I'd like to find one just like it. I'm looking for dead nuts original, low miles, excellent condition.

This one is a 1978 (https://www.ebay.com/itm/133130563213). This is exactly the sort of car I'm looking for. If it were a '79, I'd snap it up.

This one (https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-1979-Cadillac-DeVille-c8513#listing=241732136) is the exact right car, except for the wheels. Dad's had steel wheels with wire wheel covers. Obviously that would be pretty easy to put right. The real problem is the condition is a bit rough and the miles are high, and I don't like the fact that someone used it to pull a trailer. I'm considering this one, but would like to do better.

Here's another '79 that is close (https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/cadillac/coupe-deville/2298245.html). Wrong wheels again, but the real problem is it doesn't have the landau top. Dad's had that, and so will the car I end up with. Not thrilled with the fact that someone converted it to a lowrider and the current owner had to convert it back, either.

Anyway, I hope that gives everyone an idea of what I'm looking for. I've got money and patience, and am willing to wait for the perfect example to come along. I'm sure there is one out there somewhere. If you have one or have a lead on one, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading!

Big Fins

Sit tight and watch all of the sites. A Triple Banana will come looking for you. My brother sold the exact car you want 2 years ago for $11,300 with 54k on the clock. I chewed him up one side and down the other. The car was like brand new.

Time and patience will result in your find.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

hornetball

Vinyl tops can equal rust that is difficult to repair, so watch out for that.

0maha

Appreciate the replies. Thanks.

Interesting comment about the vinyl = rust thing. Makes me think maybe that would be a good point of compromise, particularly since the car in the Hemmings listing is exactly on target with the sole exception of not having the vinyl top.

Here's something of a followup question: Are there any guys/shops in the US that you would consider the definitive experts on these Tri7 DeVilles?

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Comment on that Florida car. Thanks to the new springs, the car sits way too high. I'm not sure how to fix that??
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Kurt Weess

Just saw this one on Craigs list!  Looks to be what you are looking for but it doesn't show current mileage.

https://saginaw.craigslist.org/cto/d/sterling-79-cadillac/6950143131.html

Good luck,

Kurt

Dan LeBlanc

The car Kurt posted looks like a decent car for the money.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

0maha

Quote from: KWeess on August 05, 2019, 08:36:50 PM
Just saw this one on Craigs list!  Looks to be what you are looking for but it doesn't show current mileage.

https://saginaw.craigslist.org/cto/d/sterling-79-cadillac/6950143131.html

Good luck,

Kurt

Awesome! Really appreciate the link!

I'm calling him ASAP.  Hopefully it checks out.

Big Fins

I put the pictures up on a 55" screen. Looks sweet. Hope it works out!
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

0maha

Well, progress is being made.

Talked to the owner a couple of times today. Assuming I can take him at his word, everything sounds good so far.

Just booked a flight to Michigan for Friday night.

76eldo

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

0maha

Got her!

Currently sitting at the dock in Ludington, MI waiting to take the ferry across the lake.

Thanks to all for helping make this possible! Much appreciation!

Dan LeBlanc

Congratulations and be sure to post pictures here when you get her home.

They are wonderful cars that are easy to drive and maintain capable of effortless long distance driving.

I just did a 1500 mile round trip in my 77 Fleetwood, so, speaking from experience here.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car