News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

The Huntsman - 1949 Convertible Restoration

Started by CadillacGlasses, January 05, 2022, 04:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadillacGlasses

I switched to working on my convertible top frame over the weekend. Its almost complete, and I got it on the car. I'm not sure what happened during the course of the restoration, but the drivers side fits too tightly, and the header bow is barely lining up with the windshield.

Talked to the interior shop and they're pretty sure it'll all work out when they get the cloth on and hydraulics installed. So next I'm onto testing my Hydro pump and sorting out rebuilding if needed. The pistons definitely need to be replaced.

29645 - CLC West of Lake, CLCMRC Board Member

1949 Series 62 Conv. (in progress)

CadillacGlasses

I'm moving onto my hydro system. Looking at my pump, its been sitting for an unknown amount of years, so I think its wise to just send it to Hydro-E in Florida (https://www.hydroe.com/) and have it rebuilt.

As soon as I came back from UPS, my fuel pump arrived, so now its time to swap that out and see what happens. Need to paint it blue first.

CadillacGlasses

I have a question - Hydro-lectric top controls - Which is the right component for activating the top?

As mentioned, this whole system was missing on the car, but I have the Valve assembly mounted to the firewall.

Looking at my Fisher Body Service Manual, I find this page showing an arm that activates the valve assembly on an arm.

This is different than the control switch I bought, which seemed like the right one (I've seen this on Buicks and Chevy's this vintage)

Pretty sure I have the wrong switch. Can anyone point me towards what I need to install for this? 

Thanks