News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Exterior Door handle /locks

Started by #1CaddyFan, April 06, 2020, 10:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#1CaddyFan

Hey Everyone
I am needing a driver's side door handle and locks for the drivers door and trunk for a 56 ser. 62 Coupe . Thanks Dan 865-410-0473.

Cadman-iac

Dan,
Just FYI here, those outside door handles are specific to the 2 door model.  I have a 4 door parts car and I thought I had a bunch of spare handles, but unfortunately,  they are slightly different from each other.
The 2 door handles have a notch in the back edge for that thin trim molding to pass behind the handle. The 4 door models don't sit right on top of the molding like the 2 door does, so they don't have any notches on the back edge.
Just a little tidbit of information I found out the hard way.
Also,  the 2 door has the older style of latch assembly with the roller on the end of the striker.
The 4 door model has the newer rotating latch wheel on the doors. The release rod on the pushbutton is different than the 2 door handle pushbutton rod.
HTH,
Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

#1CaddyFan

Thanks Rick
I managed to find the handle I needed That is valuable info for certain.