News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1912 Cadillac parts wanted

Started by robert46, April 14, 2020, 05:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert46

I am restoring an early 1912 Cadillac touring car (eng # 61347) here in Australia. I need 2x spring 'U' bolts for the rear axle mountings, horn, upper half of w/s, speedometer et al, and maybe an ignition relay for the firewall if the early cars had them. Anyone have experience starting one of these early engines ? My car was shipped August 31, 1911, the 340th out of a nearly 14,000 model run.
Cheers, robert46

Jeff Hansen

Hello Robert,

Not many of us are versed in models that old.  You may also want to try the Early Cadillac Group:  https://groups.io/g/EarlyCadillacGroup

One CLC member you might want to reach out to is Paul Ayres.  I know Paul used to own a '12.  His contact information is in your membership directory.

Good luck!
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

robert46

Thank you. I just applied for membership in the EarlyCadillacGroup. I also have a 1931 V8 Town Sedan so will stay registered here too. Cheers, Robert