News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Trace my 58 Coupe

Started by Andy Green, May 23, 2020, 12:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Zimmermann

Put him a deadline, like 10 or 14 days, after  that you go further with the route you choose. If he says "be patient", how many years will you have to wait?
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Lexi

Good advice from Roger. Give him a short deadline and stick to it. Also, you want it all in one sum, not partial payment over time. Should the police someday consider laying charges, in some jurisdictions the "extending of credit" is viewed by the judiciary as one having accepted the terms of such a situation. Successful prosecution is therefore not likely given those circumstances, in some jurisdictions. If it were me I would want it all or nothing. Clay/Lexi

Andy Green

Thanks for your advice guys, yes I agree. I didn't reply to his mail and I always have asked for the full amount to be paid to me.

Not a great situation to be in but I won't give up, he thinks he has heard the last of me but he couldn't be further wrong.

Andy

Andy Green

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update, I still have no trace on my car and still no money even after several emails to the seller, he just tells me to be patient, don't know why he bothers replying if that is all he has to say. I filed a complaint to the "Federal Bureau of Investigation- internet Crime Complaint Centre (IC3) many months ago and have not had any contact from them at all so it appears that was a waste of time and energy, I have no faith in the system as it appears no one wants to help me.

Andy Green
UK

KOKNEYELDO

Hello:

We handle cargo theft claims for insurance claims, including expensive/rare cars.

If you are in Las Vegas you should contact their Las Vegas Police Department's "Vehicle Investigation Project Enforcement" (aka as "VIPER").

There are a LOT of cars stolen from LV and their theft/fraud agency do really good job.

Here is a link to their website.

http://id.dps.nv.gov/Enforcement/AutoTheft/AutoTheft/
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

Andy Green

Hi Gary,

That's a great piece of news for me, thank you. I live in the UK, paid for the car in 2016 and never got it, you can see from my previous posts. I will check this out tomorrow and will let you know what happens, thanks again.

Andy

I have tried the link you gave me Gary but there is no email contact of any type for this Dept. I need an email address as I have to send documents to whoever will help me either trace the car or retrieve my money from this crook at Rocket Carz, a guy called Nicki Bratz or his correct name is Nicholas Caparelli. As I have said I live in the UK so it isn't easy to get help from anyone in the US. I have written to a PD and never heard from them, I have filed an IC3 report, again never heard from them. It just seems like no one gives a damn that I have been conned out of $18,000.
Thanks for trying to help me though.

Andy

KOKNEYELDO

Here you go mate.

Email: PIO@LVMPD.COM

Make sure you give them the police report number and a chronology of what has transpired (names, dates, description of car, emails, phone numbers, photos.....

The only other alternative is for you to hire a local private investigator $$$

That general email address will hopefully be able to put you in contact with a "VIPER" detective.

If this was a "new" case they would be all over it, but with so many years passing they may not be as interested.

Fingers crossed!
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

KOKNEYELDO

Andy:

I took the time to read all of the posts.

There is nothing to indicate that there was a fire at the repair shop, or for that matter it ever went to a bodyshop.

It seems that the suspect may still have your car, if not parted out.

I am very surprised the suspect sent you $5,000 and tells you to be patient.

The suspect is relying on you being an old man that lives in a different country

Last night I called a detective at LV VIPER (I cannot give you her cell number at this time) and she inferred that there is nothing her agency can do until YOU get the ball rolling.

You MUST start by filing a standard police report, which would then be reviewed by a "regular" Metro detective, before hopefully kicked up the ladder to the LV VIPER squad.

In the interim, send the suspect an email (not FaceBook) that says they have one (1) week to return the car or the balance of your funds stating the date, providing the bank wire transfer details.

Let him know that:

1.) A police report has been filed for theft and fraud.

2.) There is no evidence of the car ever being sent to a repair shop.

3.) There is no evidence of any work being performed.

4.) There is no evidence of any fire.

5.) Let him know that a c.c. of your email has been sent to Las Vegas Police Department's "Vehicle Investigation Project Enforcement" (aka as "VIPER"), so he should expect a call of visit from their office very soon.

A lot of people sell cars on suspicious websites, Oodle, FaceBook, Craigslist, etc. so use better judgement next time. 
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

KOKNEYELDO

Andy:

Two (2) more things which are VERY suspicious:

A.) The suspect only posts on FaceBook.

B.) The address you provided is a high-rise condo building in downtown Las Vegas, with no apartment number listed.

So no formal website, no car lot, no bodyshop.....

If the police do get involved and he is still in Vegas, they can find him.
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Andy,
I'm sorry that this is happening. It's a little confusing to follow the events. I think the problems started when some jerk registered the car with the wrong VIN. Was that a mistake or hiding something? Even if the deal went thru, the guys at customs would have caught it & impounded the car!! I'd like to see a copy of the title that you received. Please send to bobscads@comcast.net if you're OK with that. I'll try & help.
Bob
More thoughts. Let's go back to your very first post. You said you knew where the car was per a DMV & some guy was driving it. Why didn't you pursue  that info at the time? What VIN was being used? The 586 or the 58G? What state? That's where you should have started.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Andy Green

Hi Gary,

Wow, thanks so much for spending the time reading the posts and taking the time to contact your friend in the PD. I will get on with this today and email VIPER. I don't have a lot of confidence in any positive outcome happening but will still carry on with this. I think you are absolutely right with your analysis of how he thinks about me. I am not on Facebook but a friend of mine looked at his facebook site a few months ago and it looks like he is still going off enjoying himself, probably spending my money. Think he now lives in Pennsylvania with his wife and several 50s cars. He will get caught one day I hope, thanks again for all your help, I will come back to you with anything positive.

Andy

Andy Green

Hi Bob,
I have sent a message to your mail address as requested. Thanks.

Andy

KOKNEYELDO

Andy:

You are welcome and there appears to be other Cadillac owners that are willing to assist your plight, so you need to light your fire!

Keep me informed (I am on email all the time if needed).
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

als58caddy

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear about your '58! I'm in the UK too and have a '58 sedan which im currently restoring, it originally came from North Hollywood and was imported in 1989 (not by me).

If you go to www.whitepages.com and do a search for Nicholas Caparelli you'll get a listing for a current address and phone numbers, it also shows he has lived in Las Vegas NV, Hendersen NV and West Hollywood CA so i'd hazard a guess that this is your guy. The free listing lists the basic info but the premium (paid) listing gives more details.

Hope this helps and if i think of anything else i'll get back to you and if i can help just ask :)

Cheers,
Alasdair
1958 Cadillac 4 Door Sedan
2005 Alfa Romeo 156SW 1.9JTDm
2005 Alfa Romeo 147 2.0TS

als58caddy

Hi Andy,

I had a look on google maps & streetview at the address listed on whitepages and going by the cars on the driveway and the cars that are posted on Nicki Bratz's Facebook page then I'd definitely say they are the same person :)

At least its something else to pass on to the police.

Cheers for now,
Alasdair
1958 Cadillac 4 Door Sedan
2005 Alfa Romeo 156SW 1.9JTDm
2005 Alfa Romeo 147 2.0TS

KOKNEYELDO

Andy:

I do not have FaceBook, so used my wife's access and it does appear that he may now be living in Pennsylvania, which does not stop you from filing a police report in Las Vegas, NV.

If you are interested you can look for the suspect on many sites, such as "NUWBER" and they will say where he used to live and where he lives now.

The site will provide some of his details, but not all, unless you pay a small fee, which should also show his criminal history.

The other site said he previously was residing at 8445 Las Vegas Boulevard, Apt # 2030, Las Vegas, NV 89123 ("Diamond Sands") and was 30 years old.

One local law enforcement (free) site says someone with the same name was arrested in Bergen, New Jersey in October 2014:

D.O.B.: 6-11-1989
5'9"
175 #
CASE # 10-23-2104
OFFENCE: 3 COUNTS OF FORGERY

If you do not have his email: ROCKETCARZemail addresses not permitted
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

KOKNEYELDO

Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

KOKNEYELDO

Andy:

If you send email to the suspect, when you give them an ultimatum, include this as a warning:

"NRS 686A. 2815 is the statute that makes automobile insurance fraud a crime in the state of Nevada.

This section prohibits bringing a false claim for auto insurance benefits.

A conviction is treated as a category D felony that carries up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $5000.00."
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

Andy Green

Hi Alasdair,

Many thanks for joining my search and for the information, I have checked out "White pages" very interesting, yes this is the guy living now at 18 Seckelpear Road Levittown, I have taken as much detail as I can. Other information about criminal records I cannot get into as you can only acess this info if you are a US resident.

Andy